"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Monday, February 19, 2007

What?!?

Okay, I have to write about this little incident that happened yesterday after church. I was inside the house doing something...i can't remember what though...anyways, Chad was outside with Carly letting her play in the grass. She loves playing outside and crawls everywhere. Well, all of a sudden I heard Carly cry and Chad was saying something...i couldn't quite make it out what he was saying. So I ran to our Kitchen (which is where the door is that goes outside) and I asked what was going on. He has Carly in his arms and was telling her he was sorry and he had this weird, panicked look on his face. He said "Carly picked up a snake!!" and I replied "WHAT?!?!" He didn't mention that it was a dead snake. He then explained to me that Carly was sitting down playing with some twigs in the grass, he glanced down at her and one of the "twigs" wrapped around her wrist. He said he freaked out and shook her hand to get the dead snake off of her which caused her to start crying. He felt so bad. Sometimes I feel like i live in a jungle here in texas with all of the spiders, crawfish, and now snakes that we have around us. At least we have warm weather!

8 comments:

Pauline said...

Are you sure it was dead at first or did she play it to death? OK,and how did it wrap around her wrist if it was dead? I do not like snake and I really don't want Carly playing with them. That scares Grandma.

Crystal said...

Oh my goodness! Yeah, I agree with your mom...babies & snakes don't mix!!

Kristen said...

Ahh! I would be FREAKING out!

Jarom and Jenni said...

That's really freaky! Hopefully she will forgive her daddy for scaring her. Hey, check out the new post on my blog, you can see a picture of my new baby. I have to say, the background on your blog looks oddly familiar:).

Emma said...

That is so funny! I would have freaked! Please tell me she didn't put it in her mouth like everything else!

Emma said...

That is so funny! I would have freaked! Please tell me she didn't put it in her mouth like everything else!

Emma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danette said...

No, luckily Chad saw it before she had a chance to put it in her mouth. I washed her hand like crazy though!!