"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Happy Birthday to me!


So, it was my birthday yesterday but we kind of had a birthday weekend. On Saturday we drove to the Katy mills mall (which is really cool by the way) and we had dinner at the Rainforest Cafe. Sunday we had dinner at our house and Mom and Dad McLane and April came over for dinner. The pictures above are pictures of the gift they gave me and if you can't tell it's a cowhide rug! If you know me and cows you know how happy I was. Carly loves to sit on it and feel it with her hands, it's really cute! Let's just hope she never pees or poops on it because I don't know how I would clean it. Monday night which was my actual birthday Chad and I went to dinner, just the two of us. If you can believe it, that was the first time that we both left Carly to do something by ourselves. It was rather nice, I may have to do it more often! All in all it was a great birthday!




4 comments:

Emma said...

i LOVE IT! iT LOOKS SO SOFT AND SMOOTH, IS IT? wHERE DID HIS PARENTS GET SUCH AN ITEM? tHE THOUGHT CROSSED US TO DO THAT TO OUR COW, HOW NOW.... BUT i HAD A STRANGE ATTACHMENT TO HIM, I COULDN'T DO IT!
iT LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD A GOOD WEEKEND AND BIRTHDAY!

Danette said...

Wow, you must have commented right after I posted this. I'm not sure where they got it. Somewhere near San Antonio. But you can find them pretty much everywhere here. It is really soft.

The Isoms said...

Ye Haw Rawhide!! I'm sure that looks great in your house! Happy Birthday!

Pauline said...

Just don't put Carly on that Hide in her Hide and there will be no poop or pee on it. It looks great expecially the one with cute Carly sitting on it that is a great picture of her. I am glad you had a great B-Day. We love ya!