"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Thursday, February 8, 2007

something about nothing

I was looking on the internet for help with my lesson in YW's this sunday and I came across this cute quote. It has nothing to do with the lesson but I thought It was kind of neat so i am going to share it anyway....
"Once upon a time in an office were four people. Their names were Everybody, Somebody, Nobody, and Anybody. When there was important work to be done, Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it. Anybody could've done it, but Nobody did it. When Nobody did it, Everbody got mad because it was Anybody's job. Everybody thought that Somebody would do it, but Nobody realized it wouldn't get done, so Nobody did it. It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done in the first place."
it's confusing but fun!

6 comments:

Emma said...

I didn't know that you taught YW, that's fun! What age do you teach?

Danette said...

I teach beehives. There are about 14 of them and we are going to get 9 more throughout this year! It's crazy!

Crystal said...

I taught the Beehives in our old ward--it was my favorite calling ever! The girls were so fun. They were so excited to be out of Primary & in YW but weren't really that boy crazy yet & it was still really fun for them to come to all the activities. I miss those girls!!

Emma said...

Wow, that is a lot of girls! Do you ever feel like it wasn't that long ago and you were them?
I am the 2nd counslor in the Primary and I LOVE it! I love to see their sweet smiling faces just belting out "I AM A CHILD OF GOD", it's the best ever!

Pauline said...

Danette that is so funny we just went to a Stake R.S. fireside on Tuesday and Cheiko can't remember how to spell her last name she used to be in the General R.S. Presidency. She has written a few books. But anyway she was very good and she quoted that very same quote. Just thought that was funny that you would read that to Love ya.

Danette said...

Emma- yes, i still feel like I could be a beehive somedays, especially since most of them are taller than I am!
Mom- that is funny!
Crystal- you were lucky, I'd say about 80% of my class is boy crazy so it's hard to get through a lesson! :)