"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Some thoughts on me getting older

I thought since I just had a birthday i'd write a few thoughts on me getting older....
*First, the older I get, the older people think that I am, so now that I'm 23 years old, people now look at me and say "Are you 16?" instead of "Look at that poor 12 year old with a baby."
*It's true when they say "one year older and wiser too..." at least I think it is.
*The older I get, the more often I forget things...you wouldn't think that this is a good thing but it is, especially when you don't want to do something...you can just tell people that you forgot.
*The older I get, the less I care about what people think and I just do what I want to do. It's great!
*The older I get the more I care about my body and what i do to it and put in it. No more brownies for breakfast for me!

Well, it's not much but it's just some thoughts that have been running through my head! Just remember, it's not bad to get old! (now...just remind me I said that when I'm turning 30)

4 comments:

Crystal said...

No more brownies for breakfast?!? :)

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday on the 12th!

Emma said...

AMEN!! I totally agree with you, who cares what other people think, I'll do what I WANT to do dang it!

Kristi said...

Ahhh yes. "I forgot," said with a sheepish look. It's my favorite--especially when it comes to cleaning. :)