"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Thursday, January 29, 2009

these two....

After many (MANY) weeks of my children being sick. I feel as though I need to remember the things I love about them since all they are capable off right now is crying and whining. It's a good thing we are on the tail end of this crap (hopefully)

SAM
*He is always good to give you a big smile, as long as the attention is on him!
*The past two nights he has slept extremely well. Only woke up once each night!
*He is so cute how he crawls (army crawls) around to get to what he wants.
*He is definitely a determined little boy and won't quit at something until he succeeds.
*He is so curious, I love to watch him. He looks at everything around him. You can almost see his brain at work!
*He loves Carly. He is always watching her (and taking mental notes) He follows her around in his walker. He loves is, but she hates it!
*He laughs so hard when you tickle him.
*When I go to get him after he has been asleep he always smiles and gets way excited!
*His big blue eyes!
*He loves bath time. He'll splash his hand in the water, he'll get his face wet and freak out and then he'll do it all over again!
*Whenever I am holding him, he'll constantly try to grab my face. He loves my hair and will sometimes grab around my neck and slobber me all on my cheek. A baby's kiss is the best kind of kiss!



CARLY
*whenever she is Hungry she says to me "I hungry Babe."
*When Swiper the Fox shows up on Dora the Explorer she says "I scared" and hides her face.
*She is such a good little mommy to her dolls. She always makes sure they are covered with a blanket and she tells them not to be scared.
*Whenever Sam is sleeping shes says (in a really quiet voice) "shhhh...Sam sweeping, be very very quiet."
*When she gives you a hug she has to pat your back.
*She sleeps through the night!
* When she wakes up from her nap she yells "Danette!" ( i know, I shouldn't encourage that, but it's cute!)
*After her nap she always says "I had good nap mommy"
*When we are doing something that she thinks is dangerous she says "Careful sweetheart!"
*In the car recently she will tell us to either slow down or go faster.
* I catch her playing out scenes from Dora the Explorer.
*When Chad leaves for work she yells to him as he is walking out the door. "love you, see you later."
*She'll pretend that she goes to work and she walk away from us and say "Bye-bye, see you later, I'll be back."
*She's good to clean up all her toys. I think that is her OCD kicking in.
*When she does something on accident she says "oops, sorry. Didn't mean to."
She definitly keeps me laughing!

7 comments:

Pauline said...

They are two of the sweetest little kido's I love them to pieces. I want to squeeze them RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

Emma said...

Sick kids makes for super long days! Soon it will be summer there and all that goes away then, right?

And Andi shoots Swiper the Fox when she see's him.. funny how different they are in that aspect.

And I LOVE that she calls you Babe!!

The Isoms said...

Glad you all are starting to feel better!

Sam: There is not enough words to say how cute he is! Love his eyes and smile! Can't wait to get kisses from him again!!

Carly: What a funny girl! Did she get the Hungry babe from her daddy? I need her to come and show my kids how FUN it can be to clean up! Lucky...that must be imbreeded in the Mclane blood!

Des said...

Cute, cute kids, definitely. I don't think we are capable of making ugly kids, are we? :)

Stephanie said...

sOOO PRECIOUS!! =)

Cami and Mitch said...

Your kids are so cute and sound so fun. Wish we saw you more often!

Peyton and Jayce said...

They are so cute! It helps that they have a really great mom!