"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Happenings

Here's a couple things of what we've been up to....

First (even though he won't be seeing this) I wanted to wish my little Brother a happy birthday! He's 21 (which is hard for me to believe, aren't I 21?) He is serving a mission in Georgia and will be home the end of April. We are so proud of the great job he is doing there and we can't wait to see him!
That's right. It's a Possum as big as our cat, in our driveway. We think it lives in the bushes in front of our house.

A rare moment where Carly was actually playing nice with Sam.

Playing with Daddy's feet.

Playing with Daddy's toy helicopter. It's hard to see it in the pictures but the kids (and Daddy) love it!

9 comments:

Pauline said...

love all the pictures hows carly doing on the potty training? You have two cute kid I love ya'll and can't wait to see you have everyone together again in April

Emma said...

A couple things....
I can't believe Daniel is going to be home, these two years have flown by, at least for me!

I love that Sam drinks out of Carly's pink cup, or at least I will assume it's Carly's!

And I hate possums. They are creepy ugly animals...can't stand them! I've run over quite a few and I don't feel any sadness for it, just doing my part!!

Des said...

I don't think I've ever actually seen a possum. That would creep me out! I can't believe Chad is letting Sam play with his feet either. Doesn't he have a weird feet issue? :)

Crystal said...

Ok, possums TOTALLY gross me out. What's with Texas & it's extra abundance of wildlife??

Stephanie said...

They are so adorable. =) Don't you just love the rare moments where they play nice?? hahaha Especially when we get a kodak moment. =)

Ashley & Kevin said...

Haha... I feel the same way! My brother got home in June! Wierd!

Your house is gorgeous! & your kids are adorable! I can't believe you have a possum in your yard! GROSS!

Peyton and Jayce said...

I love the pics- Dont you just LOVE it when the kids all get along? I wish Kelcey and Baylie would have one of those moments every now and then! GRRR!

wheaties said...

Wow that is a big possum!! At first glance I thought it was a warthog (baby one). I guess now Chad will be busy trying to hunt it down -- or sic skipper on it

The Isoms said...

I can't believe Chad is letting Sam touch his feet!