"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Friday, January 9, 2009

Hello 2009

Here's a little of what we've been up to since the new year. A lot of nothing. We've just been hanging around the house, relaxing, enjoying life. Other than small bouts of sickness that we seem to be passing to each other, we are all doing pretty great! I never really used to make resolutions but ever since I had Carly I began making resolutions. (don't know why I started then) Anyway...my resolutions for this year are pretty simple but hopefully they will make a difference in my life. The reason for blogging about them is hopefully it will motivate me to keep them since I'm sharing it with everyone.
*spend more time playing and enjoying being with my children. I get caught up in stupid things and I forget that the most important job in my life is to raise my children. One of the perks of raising children is you get to play with them. They are both at such fun stages right now that I need to take advantage of that and enjoy being a mom.
* stick to our budget and my cleaning routine. This was a resolution last year and I'm proud to say that I did pretty well with both of them (except for the cleaning part when I was prego and right after Sam was born)
*Spend more time outside. For so long we were in an apartment or in a rental house that had a crappy backyard I forget that we have a perfect yard at our house. The weather is so nice here about 90% of the time that I need to spend more time outside. Plus, the kids love it!
* read more. Chad probably thinks I already read to much but I enjoy it and I feel like I don't do enough of it.
Well...there you have it. Like I said, they are simple but hopefully they will make a difference in my life this coming year.

On a side note, Carly is about 85% potty trained. She has only had a couple of accidents. We still put pull-ups on her when we go out (we tell her they are panties) Last night at Applebees she stayed dry and went potty twice while we were there. She even woke up dry this morning and went potty! I am so excited. Hopefully within a couple weeks she'll be 100% potty trained!


Here's a little video of Sam and Skipper. Sam LOVES to watch skipper. I am glad we have a dog that is so good with kids!

2 comments:

The Isoms said...

I agree with the spending time with the kiddos, but I find it hard sometimes to put my wants on the back burner...guess thats something to work on for me to!
Great Pictures! They are so cute! Can't wait to see them again in about 3 1/2 months!!!

Dave and Natasha said...

Ditto to what your sister said! I need to spend more time having fun with ALL my kids at the same time... somehow. If you figure out how, let me know! They are finally getting to an age where they can play a little more and be entertained with something other than eating!!! Yay! It's fun to see Sam! He seems so much older than Jack, even though it's not that much, like 2 months?