"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Grateful for Family

This past week we were able to spend with my grandparents. They came down to visit us and my Uncle. It was so fun/nice to have them stay with us. Carly and Sam loved going out to the guesthouse everyday to spend time with them. I'm not going to lie, I LOVED having all the free time! We put my grandpa to work while he was here. He hooked up a new water heater to the guesthouse so they were able to have hot water, he fixed the shower in the guesthouse and some pipes. He fixed the railing on our back porch and some siding on our house. He was ready to do more but they ran out of time!

It's been great. Thanks to my Dad (who came in February) and Grandpa we've had a lot of projects get done within the past couple months. We are so grateful for all of the help.


f.y.i. This doesn't mean we put everyone to work who comes to visit. :)


This was the night before they left. We enjoyed one more round of smores and a fire.


All of the pictures below were taken on the property behind our house. We found a "Beber" Dam. (that's what the kids call it) It's pretty fun to go exploring, we've been finding a lot of cool things around our place.






1 comment:

Pauline said...

Grandpa love doing projects like that I am glad they were able to help although I guess I need to put him to work around here when he is down. Never thought about that. Looks like you guys had a great time. I love that spiky tree I need to see that one. Oh and please keep your husband and children away from that alligator!!!!!!!! Love you.