"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

day dreaming.....




(I wish the above pictures were of my garden.
someday.....)

Lately I've been day dreaming alot! Maybe because of the gorgeous weather we've been having. I get to sit on my front porch and stare at my garden while my kids play. I know, exciting right? It's funny because I really couldn't be happier. Anyway.....as I'm sitting on my porch looking out across my yard I day dream of having this beautiful garden not only filled with fruits and veggies but decorated with pretty flowers. I have been having such a strong urge to grow flowers! I really think it's just because it's spring and I'm having so much fun watching my garden grow, but it's so much fun to think about. I have some seed catalogs and websites that I frequent a lot and I've been looking into all different types of flowers. There are so many I want to grow them all! I picture in my head my garden being a quiet little sanctuary that I can sit in and enjoy while nature grows all around me. (I know, I surprise myself sometimes with the thoughts I'm having) I know it'll take time to get it just the way I want and I probably won't start any flowers until late summer but it's fun to think about. Here are just a few that I've looked at so far!



5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sure your garden will look like those one day, I love the design of those grow boxes. Your garden is looking good. I wish our weather would decide what it is going to do we will have one or two warm days and then another stinkin cold spell comes in. Ready for my sun to come and stay.
miss you guys.............Love ya

Pauline said...

Oh there it is that comnent is from me MOM not Dan

Unknown said...

I really want that Evening Sun Sunflower. It looks beautiful!

The Isoms said...

It sounds like you have Gpa Holt inside ya wanting to PLANT!! It's looking great!

Emma said...

I'm day dreaming of the same thing...

I've actually grown the Sunflower, Evening Sun & it was so pretty! They don't get huge & tall like other sunflowers but their color is amazing I was surprised how long they kept the petals for.

I've also grown the Cosmos and the Echinacea, they grow like weeds once they get going, very easy to grow.

My MIL always grows the Lobelia & it's so pretty to landscape with. It comes in a lot of different colors too.

Okay, now I REALLY want this snow to melt!