"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Hooray for spring!

Our garden is coming along quite well. It's exciting to see everything popping up and growing everyday! It still amazes me how easy it is to grow things! I love spending time out there, watering, weeding, planting. It's peaceful and it's rewarding. We are going to have an abundance (I hope) of most of the things we planted. I can't wait till harvest time!

Our lettuce and Spinach is really growing nicely. It's so great to have fresh lettuce everyday!

These two pictures are of all the flowers I'm starting. Some of them I won't start till the end of summer. I'm so excited. Growing things is so much fun!!



Mimi brought her horses yesterday to ride around on our property. It was a lot of fun. Carly loved to ride Coco, she would've sat on him for ever!
Carly has been into fancying herself up lately. She has a bunch of old clip on earring and jewelry from Chad's mom. She loves it!

5 comments:

*ShaRisE* said...

Wow I am very impressed with your garden!!! It looks really good! I love the last pictures of carly with her fancy earings!! :) Can't wait to see you guys! Only a little over 2 months??

Pauline said...

Yes I have to agree your garden looks great. It is fun watching them grow and rewarding with all the hard work that goes into a garden. An yes Little Carly is beeeeeeeautiful!!!! Keep up the great work with your cutel little farm. Love you.

Des said...

You definitely inherited Grandpa and Grandma's green thumb. I have a hard time growing things. I am glad that you are having such a great time being a cute little farmer girl. :)

Cristina said...

Wow! Your garden looks amazing!

The Isoms said...

Garden looks GREAT!!
Carly is getting so big!