"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Saturday, April 16, 2011

My baby is not a baby :(

Las night Sam fell asleep while I was holding him. This rarely (actually never) happens. It was a rare occasion when he was a baby too (he was not a cuddler) I just held him for a little and it really hit me that he is not a baby anymore. He's almost three! Where did the time go? I have to admit, it made me even more baby hungry (but what doesn't these days?) When Sam was a baby I always secretly thought " I can't wait till he's older" Mostly because I was overwhelmed with the fact that I had a two year old and a newborn, man I would love to have those days back sometimes! Now, I find myself regreting even thinking that! I wish he would just stay little. The closer he gets to three the more I realize how fast time is flying and he is getting too big and too smart for me to handle! At least he's kind enough to stay in diapers for me right? ;) Anyway, this post really doesn't have a point to it, I guess I just need to remind myself to not regret things I may have thought in the past and to enjoy the stage I'm in now because before I know it my baby will be a teenager and then I really won't know what to do!

5 comments:

Pauline said...

I know all to well how fast your babies turn into adults. After all my baby is almost 20 how did that happen? There are those times when I wish that you were all young again. :) Except for the times that when I want to sleep in I can and then I am happy to be where I am at. Enjoy every moment with them even when you would like to strangle them. :)

Emma said...

I agree, where did the time go?

I have had a lot of these moments lately & it makes me sad but at the same time it makes me want to do better, be more patient & cherish them a little more & do the best I can so I regret nothing.


And ps- do you realize the last time we got together you were pregnant with Sam? Crazy.

Unknown said...

I know, it's kind of pathetic. Let's get your baby here so we can plant another trip!

*ShaRisE* said...

He isn't a baby anymore! :( but he a dang handsome little boy!! Replying to your comment on my page..I won't hate it there, if anything I will love it so much and not want to come back haha. I am super excited as well!!! :)

Danette said...

I meant "plan" not "plant" I have gardening on the brain.