"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

San Antonio

Chad and I were able to spend a couple days in San Antonio at this resort. Chad qualified for this conference through work so we were able to enjoy this place for free! My parents were able to fly down and watch our kiddies. We left Monday morning and got back this afternoon. It was weird being away from my children. The only time I've been away from them was when I was in the hospital with Sam and then I was only away from Carly so needless to say, I called my mom a couple times while we were gone :) We enjoyed good food, lots of quiet time, free full body massages and we even got to go see a movie! It was great! We didn't take a lot of pictures..the ones below are just some pictures we took around the resort. Thanks Mom and Dad for watching our kids so we could have some time away!



6 comments:

Des said...

So, what did you think of the massages? Are you hooked like me now? Massages are awesome! I'm glad you guys had a good time. It is weird to be away from your kids, but nice at the same time.

Emma said...

What a nice little vacation away from the kids!
And I really like your hair like that, it looks a lot darker, no?

And it was good talking to you today, I'll keep ya posted!

Dave and Natasha said...

Wow, lucky!!! I don't know what it's like to have a vacation from my kids either! In 2 1/2 years the only time I get away from them is to go to the store, or possibly to my mom's house for an hour... exciting, huh!?

Cassie said...

Hey Danette from what I have been reading on your blog life has been pretty interesting for you and your family...Cute family by the way. Your kids are so adorable.

Crystal said...

That looks fantastic! I love little getaways!

The Isoms said...

Looks like a great time! Always nice to enjoy a little time to yourselves now and then!