"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

some thoughts....

Here's my baby belly at 25 weeks.
Facts:
*I have been feeling extremely well the past little while. It's been kind of weird. I'm actually enjoying being pregnant! Maybe it's a blessing because of the fact we had to wait for this little one to arrive. That's what I like to think. Other than minor issues like being tired all day or random bouts of nausea I have no complaints!
*I feel baby girl move all the time!! I love it! Except for the random moments when she kicks, or punches or head butts my bladder.
*Still haven't chosen a name yet. I was stressed about it for a while but than I realized we didn't have a name chosen for Sam till about a month before he was born. We have a couple we are deciding on, we might just wait till we see her to actually decide.
*I still have weird random moments where I don't think I'm having a girl. I know it's very possible that ultrasounds can be wrong. Our ultrasound lady was almost 100% it was a girl. And even I could see and tell it was a girl. But I still get random feelings (thoughts, fears...however you want to put it) that it's a little boy in there.
*I would be totally fine, happy and thrilled if it's a boy. I have just been preparing for a girl. All my projects would be in vain if this little one came out as a boy!
*I still don't really crave any one certain food. I have however become obsessed with crocheting! Can you crave crafts??
*I have been getting really exciting for this little one to arrive. I've started getting Carly's old clothes out and it gets me even more excited!

Here is a picture of what will become our little baby nook. It used to be where I had the kids coloring table and book and puzzles. However, the fact is. We won't have our addition done before this baby arrives and probably well after that so, we've had to improvise and really come to grips that we'll have three kids in a two bedroom house for probably (realistically) another year.
I admit. I was a little freaked. When we moved into this house we had been trying for a year to get pregnant. We knew we could deal with the two bedrooms with just Carly and Sam and we figured we'll just start saving for an addition (as soon as we bought the house) We did. We met our goal in savings but the addition plans we finally came to are going to be more than what we have saved. Plus, we were really surprised when we got pregnant which put us in a pickle. (although we were still hoping to get pregnant, I think after two years we kinda thought or felt it wasn't going to happen for a while)
Anywho....back to being freaked out. I've finally realized that it won't be so bad. The door in the right of the picture (by the lovely rock art piece on the wall...previous owners idea) is our bedroom. All we need to do is put a door in our kitchen doorway (which is behind me in the picture) and we'll have our own separate master/baby nook room.
It's not my ideal way of doing things but we could be way worse off and I needed to remind myself to be grateful.
My prayers were answered.
We got pregnant.
How could I be complaining about something so trivial, when in 1 or 2 years from now it won't even be an issue.
It will take some adjusting. I'm sure I'll get frustrated at times. But life is about changes and unexpected situations. You just have to learn to roll with it.
I absolutely LOVE where I live. I love our house (despite all it's weird features) I love our property. I wouldn't change it! So, if dealing with Chad and I and three kids squished in a two bedroom house for a while is what I have to do. Then I'll do it!


4 comments:

Des said...

Cute belly shot! You will be just fine in the 2 bedroom house. Don't forget that you have acres for those kids to play on and good weather most of the time. Do you remember the townhouse we lived in? I have some friends that just barely moved out of there and they have 5 kids!!!! Can you imagine having 5 kids in that little house? Anyway, I know you will be great and how fun will it be for the baby to have her own little nook? I love that idea! Good luck with all of your preparations. Can't wait to Skype with you tomorrow. :)

Pauline said...

Not sure if you remember what we lived in for a year with 3 kids. Your house is a mansion. I like the baby nook as well. Love that belly.

Kristi said...

So fun to catch up on your lives today! You look how you feel--fantastic! I love the golden second trimester, ahhh! Take care and give those kids a hug for us, we miss you guys!

Emma said...

I kind of like the little baby nook, looks like a bright & happy little space, that is all a baby needs.
But I like you perspective, it's only a little time until it's what you want, you'll get there!

And what a cute little belly you have got growing there!