"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy 28 to me!



Yesterday was my 28th birthday. Do I feel 28? Not, really. I'm not really sure what 28 is suppose to feel like. It was a good day though. I kind of had a birthday weekend which is always fun. Chad took me out to dinner on Friday night. It was a nice little restaurant right on a lake near our house. It was fun, we had both never been and it's always great to get out of the house without the kids. Thanks to Sharise who watched our rugrats for us!
Saturday we went to a birthday party (not for me but for some little munchkin who turned 3!) Afterwords, we went and I had Chad pick out a birthday cake for me. I didn't feel like making my own.
Sunday was nice, Chad let me sleep in while he made breakfast. He surprised me with another gift. We spent the rest of the day going to church and relaxing. I got to skype with my family and my sister and her friend offered to make me dinner for my birthday, of course I agreed! I don't think they realize how awesome of a gift that was for me. I DESPISE making dinner most nights so it was fun to have a night off and not even have to think about it.
All in all it was a great birthday and I felt very loved!

3 comments:

Pauline said...

Sound like you had a great birthday, you didn't mention what gift Chad got you.......do tell!!!!! Glad it was restfull for you. I love the birthdays that last longer than a day. Love ya

Ron said...

Ditto on the birthday events. Loved to see and hear from your great family. Glad to here that the youngest is honing her culinary and domestic skills. Love ya all. DAD

Emma said...

Happy 28 years! Sounds like you had a perfect birthday! Having somone else make you dinner in your own home is such a nice gift!