"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentines and other stuff....

Yesterday while cooking dinner I looked out the window to check on the kids. They had found a patch of flowers that had started to grow and were picking and picking and picking to their hearts content.

They ended up bringing those flowers to me for "Balentine's day." I LOVE them!
(looking at this picture makes me realize that I really do look as tired as I feel.)

Carly had a school Valentine party yesterday. She had so much fun! I forget how crazy a classroom full of little kids can be though. Sam was able to tag along so he got to participate in all the fun!

The night before I hung up hearts everywhere. Carly thought they were so cool! They saw their little Valentine treats from Mommy and Daddy and then we were off to school.
I can't remember when these were taken. (my sis-in-law took them) They have chickens, a lot of chickens actually. The kids love playing with them probably chasing them around when we go there. I love these pictures! I love that my kids get to grow up around so many animals. They'll never know how lucky they are!

3 comments:

Des said...

You need to get your own little chick-a-dees. They are so much fun. :)

Pauline said...

Its always fun having flowers brought to you from the outdoors. I love those to cute little faces and your cute face it doesn't look so tired it just looks like a face of two cute kids and one on the way. :) Love you

Emma said...

Flowers from your own patch of flowers in February? You must know how lucky you are! :)

And yes, you should get some chickens.. what's one more thing, right?