"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Sunday, March 4, 2012

fun stuff!

We have been having such great weather recently, I have been enjoying it so much! It's much better than last year when it hit freezing weather for about a week straight (i know, boo hoo right?) Anyway, yesterday seemed like the perfect day for a boat ride. The wind was a bit chilly but sitting in the sunlight made it perfect! The kids enjoyed it, chad and I enjoyed it, Dolly enjoyed it, and even Baby McLane enjoyed it! We didn't see too much wildlife other than some birds and some water splashes from some pretty big fish. The kids had fun each taking a turn driving the boat. We definitely need to do this more often.


We finally made some changes to some things around the house. Since this will be the baby's space we figured now was a good time. I didn't take too many before pictures of this space, maybe because it wasn't my favorite?? I did manage to snap a picture of the "Lovely" rock art that the previous owners put up. I was so happy to get rid of that! In it's place we had double doors put up. We also put up a door that leads into our kitchen, after it's all done it's turning out to be a pretty good baby space. Chad got ahead of himself one night and brought the crib in. We mostly wanted to see if it would fit and sure enough, it fits perfectly! Although, staring the the crib for two months isn't going to make time go any faster!

I took these pictures in the evening, not the best time of day to capture the room. I'm still debating on whether or not to paint the wood walls??
This is the crib spot. I'm so happy that it fit. It makes the space not so crammed full. Obviously the cork board will be removed to another spot. There is still a bit of work that I would like to do in this space but for the most part we are ready!
The double doors into our bedroom turned out better than we thought! It definitely makes our room feel much bigger when they are both open. (next to go....hopefully the red and yellow walls in our bedroom!)
I have already posted these next pictures on facebook but I figured I could post them here too. The pasture in front of our house it full of flowers and I couldn't resist letting the kids play and snapping a few pictures.



Here is my completed baby blanket. I started it pretty much when I found out I was pregnant (the white squares) I added the girly colors when I found out we were having a girl. It's way bigger than what I thought, it pretty much covers a crib mattress. It'll be good though, she'll be able to use it for a long time!!
Like I said before, crocheting much be my craving this pregnancy. I've crocheted 3 hats for Baby McLane, 2 hats for a friend's baby, and I've started on another blanket, a smaller one with leftover yard from this blanket. It's a very rewarding hobby, plus I can sit while I'm doing it!! It's the lazy person's hobby! :)

5 comments:

Des said...

I love that. The lazy person's hobby. :)
I think you should paint the wood walls and it would make the space feel even bigger depending on the color you choose. I love the doors. Hopefully I will be able to come and see your house in person. Almost done with this stupid cancer stuff and then I can come for a visit. :)

Pauline said...

The doors look GREAT! your little baby space is very cute. It will be great till you get the addition done. Can't wait to see you guys in May.

Emma said...

Lazy person's hobby, haha! Whatever, I think it's a patient person's hobby which is why I haven't learned!

And I LOVE, LOVE that baby space, it's perfect! It's all a baby needs, close to you & so bright & cheery!
Now, all it needs is a little baby mclane to make it perfect.

And love that baby belly picture on the boat!

Unknown said...

LOVE the doors! They look like they've been there all along!

lucinei vicente said...

hellow!
YOUR FAMILE IS VERY LINDA!!!
QUE SEJA SOBRE VOCÊS A BENÇÃO DO SENHOR.QUE BOM PODER VER UM BLOG VALORIZANDO A FAMILIA.
Im sory.só sei escrever em português.