"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Friday, January 20, 2012

an update.

We haven't been up to much around here lately. We have been enjoying the nice weather we've been having. It's been so perfect! It's hard to believe that it's January. I'm sure we'll have another cold front come through, but for now, we are loving it!

The kids decided to "plant" sticks in the yard. And of course, Dolly was right along side them!


I finally decided to stop being a slacker and help my son know his alphabet. I attempted a little ABC time with him months ago, but then I got pregnant and sick and lazy.
He's been so excited to learn how to write the letters.


Dolly, she has definitely molded into our family real well. She's such a goofy, fun, good dog. She really is so well-behaved. Not sure how, because we didn't take much time to teach her obedience. oh well! She's become a sweet part of our family for sure!!

3 comments:

Des said...

I love that picture of Dolly. I think I have one of Mei Mei doing exactly the same thing! Funny!

Pauline said...

How is Sam doing on his ABC? I have been watching your weather it has been very nice. Unlike last Feb. when we were there. But who knows maybe that is still coming.
Love ya

Emma said...

I need to make my winter home where you are! & I still can't get over how big Sam is!!