"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Thursday, January 20, 2011

This kid makes me laugh. He always sleeps in the weirdest positions.



We haven't been up to much around here. (reason for all the pictures of us in our house)
It's been cold (at least for me, I know I'm a baby when it comes to cold weather, in fear of embarrassment I'm not going to say how "cold" it's been because most of you would probably laugh in my face.) Anyway, it's been to cold for me to want to do any projects outside. Hopefully soon, I will get the motivation to start work on our garden again. Our last garden gave us some radishes, carrots, lettuce and spinach. We sort of gave up on it and destroyed it. We're going to start fresh. We bought some wood to make about 6 planter boxes and then we'll plant watermelon, pumpkins, and some corn in the ground. I still have no idea what I'm doing and I know we'll make mistakes this time around too but hopefully we'll have learned from our last mistakes and move on!
We have been working on our guesthouse. Chad mostly. We had carpet put in the bedrooms on Tuesday. It's exciting to see the progress. I am still mad I didn't get a before picture of the whole thing. But I will get pictures soon.

3 comments:

Pauline said...

Love how Sam is sleeping, reminds me of ways I would find Daniel sleeping when he was little. Did you make Carlys dress it is very cute

Emma said...

tell me you made Carly's cute outfit and then tell me where you found the tutorial so I can make one too!!
LOVE IT!!!

Emma said...

okay, went to target to buy that cute dress & apparently since we live in the frozen tundra, you can only get it in long sleeves.. lame.
i think i'll order it online.