"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Thursday, January 13, 2011

not much going on.....

Love this!


Seriously? Where did they come from?
I love how they both picked out what they wanted to wear today and they both picked green.


Work on our guesthouse has begun. It began a couple weeks ago when Chad and Andy primed pretty much every square inch of the place. There was a nasty smell so we figured the primer would hide the smell. Unfortunately, the smell still lingered. We then found out that there was a small gas leak which was the cause. We had it fixed and now it just smells like paint. We have painted the trim and all the walls.
Next on our list is the floors.
It still needs a lot of little things done with it but at least with the paint and floors done it will be livable and "craftable" (one of the bedrooms is going to be my craft room.)
For now, there is no water heater and the shower is pretty nasty...but....the toilet works and there is running water.
It's not much but it's nice to have the extra space for people to stay.
(next month to be exact when my parents come to visit! Hooray!)
hmmmm....maybe this is why I haven't made or done a single thing in the crafty world recently.
Seriously?
How does it get this bad?
I'm too busy to put things away, I have no space to put all this stuff.
(sad part, there is a huge table in our big shed that is just as messy and cluttered as this one!)
In reality, this happened because I'm too lazy to put anything away,
Soon though, like mentioned above, as soon as the guesthouse has carpet all this crap will be out of our bedroom for good.
I think Chad is more happy about it than I am. (no, I am pretty darn excited to have my own crafty room. I'm making no guarantees that that room will stay clean.)


*p.s. I can't wait to paint our bedroom too, I've had about enough of the red walls! All in good time though.



5 comments:

Des said...

So jealous of the new paint smell. I really need that in my house. This summer....now if I can just save up enough money for all the projects I have in mind. I can't wait to see pics of the finished guest house. That top pic of Sam BTW- SO CUTE! :)

Emma said...

that picture of Sam is great!

I am glad to see the guest house is coming along, can't wait to take advantage of all your hard work!

Emma said...

and btw, I am jealous of your craft room. Taking out my stuff & making a huge mess is always what keeps me from doing stuff. I wish I had a space for it.

Unknown said...

Looks awesome - just say the word and I'll come help you paint!

Pauline said...

I am so excited to see all your hard work and be able to sleep in that hard work. As with Des I to need to smell some paint in our house mainly like my bedroom needs it so bad I don't know if I am ready to tackle that I HATE TO PAINT!!!!!
And I love those pic of the kids they are so cute. Love you all