"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Friday, January 7, 2011

It's a new year.....

and I'm already behind.
2011. It sounds weird to say. Wasn't it just the year 2000 like 3 years ago?
I made resolutions this year. I always do. Do I keep those resolutions? Probably not. I need to make a resolution to keep my resolutions.
I didn't make many, mostly because If I make too many I'm bound to keep none of them. That is just how I roll. If I get too overwhelmed I shut down. I'm glad I finally learned that about myself. I keep a journal. That is usually where I write my resolutions and goals. Considering the fact that no one reads my journal (I think, I hope) it gives me zero motivation to keep my resolutions. I have nothing holding me to it. Just the thought of someone knowing my goals is enough for me to actually try and stick to them. Here goes:
*spend more time with my kids and ENJOY it.
*read the scriptures EVERY DAY!
* Pray every day. Not just for the sake of praying, but actually praying and communicating with the one who is in charge of my life and all that is in it!
* be honest (not like I'm a liar or anything but more just being honest with myself and about my feelings. If that makes any sense. It does to me.)
* ENJOY my calling in church. Sunbeams teacher. (I may need reminders with that one.)
*Focus on what is going on at the moment and not what I did or didn't do in the past.
There. I said it. It's done.
Happy New Year!
Yes, a firework went off a little too early. Scared the crap out of me but it made a cool picture!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your new header! Lookin' good!

Des said...

I am loving the blog re-vamp. Thanks for giving me even MORE ideas to stuff into my head and one more project to tackle. ;) Love you guys!

Emma said...

love, love the new look. i take it those are your cows?

happy new years, good luck on your resolutions!

*ShaRisE* said...

I agree with everyone!! I love the new page and where you can click on each name to read about you guys! I love it and it makes me miss you guys oh sooooo sooo much and i want to visit again!!! REading your from the beginning thing the whole first kiss interesting story got me interested... you will have to tell me..

wheaties said...

E-P-I-C Fireworks moment! I think that it is starting to become a tradition with you guys that everyone we do fireworks we have one or two close-calls.

Glad this one was at least caught on camera!

Pauline said...

Yeah I gave up making New Years Resolutions along time ago. I just try and be better everyday, doesn't always work, but at least I am trying right. And by the way don't ask dad how that be better everyday is going. :)