"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Thursday, July 9, 2009

quick trip

I was able to fly up to SLC the past couple days to be there for my Grandpa's funeral. I'm so glad I was able to make it. A funeral is not a fun thing to do but I was able to see a lot of family that I hadn't seen in a while and I also got to meet my newest nephew (luke) for the first time.

The two pictures below are my with my 10 (yes 10) year old nephew Josh and my younger sister Sharise. We took the picture to show how short we are or how tall he is.



4 comments:

The Isoms said...

It was great to see you! Even though it was a short trip. I am glad you got to see and hold Lucas!

Des said...

I love it! I don't love that he is so tall, but I do love those pics and I loved having you here for a short while.

Pauline said...

I have to agree with everything that has been said It was great seeing you and I love the pic of you and Sharise kissing Josh Love it.

Crystal said...

so funny that Josh is almost as tall as you guys. I can't believe he is 10. My oldest niece just graduated from HS and is off to BYU in the fall. we're getting too old!!