"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Thursday, July 23, 2009

My kiddos....

(long post...just a warning)
It's been a while since I've done a post just on my kiddos. So here it is...



Carly

*She is communicating all to well these days (most days I wish she would take a break) This girl can talk your ear off (she definitely did not get that from me)

*She loves to pester her little brother. She will follow him around the house and always, without fail, wants to play with whatever he finds.

*She has an excellent memory (again...not from me) She will remember something I said to her a week prior. If I make promises to her I have to remember to keep them because if I don't, she'll remind me.

*She loves a schedule. She has a routine for almost everything. Whenever we go to the grocery store, she always (always) asks for a snack. (that was my mistake, when she was younger I would always be well equipped with snacks to keep her quiet while shopping, now it's turned into an annoyance) At bedtime, she brushes her teeth, spits three times and then drinks water, goes to the bathroom, runs to her bed and has to have her pink bunny, Ring around the Rosie doll and now her froggy. Every night without fail she does all these things.

*She is a good helper, most of the time. She is really good about cleaning up her toys or getting me diapers for Sam or throwing things away or (my favorite) picking up dead bugs :)

*She LOVES animals. She would kill every animal we had with too much love. A couple of times we have found her holding the rabbit by the ears or by the fur on its back. She practically mushes Miss Kitty because she wants to hold her.

*Some of my favorite phrases that she says are:

"I love you so very much"

"I miss you so much" (she usually says that to Chad when he gets home from work)

"I so very mad"

When she says Mommy it sounds like "moo-me"

*She has been potty trained for a while now. So she gets bored with peeing normal I suppose. A couple weeks ago she decided to make it a learning experience. You know how you can stop peeing midstream. Well, she likes to do this and count her pees (if that makes sense) I don't know what made her think of doing that, but it's pretty funny) The other night she got up to 10!

Sam
This kid has really become such a little boy these past couple months. It's amazing at how fast they change!
*he loves his daddy. He is such a little daddy's boy. Whenever he sees Chad his face lights up! He just learned to say Daddy it sounds like "ba-yee"
*He now loves to climb. He has learned to climb on one of our couches so I am constantly trying to keep him off because he doesn't just sit on the couch, he throws himself backwards on it because I guess he thinks it's fun. He is bonked his head a couple times on the wall behind the couch.
*He loves to be outside. He would stay out there all day if I let him (but it's been way too hot!)
*He loves the kitties and Skipper. He laughs whenever he touches them. He loves to rest his head on them.
*He can give you the cheesiest smiles sometimes and it's pretty funny because he only has four teeth and his top two teeth are extremely big!
*He loves to eat, he would eat constantly.....anything and everything! I can't keep up with him. If he sees that you have food he won't let you get away without feeding him some.
*He loves to play with Carly but he has also learned the trick of screaming to get her into trouble. I've had to watch out for that. Speaking of screaming, this kid has a set of lungs. His scream can make you deaf for a couple seconds! It's been that way since the day he was born!
*He's not really saying much these days. He'll say "cheese" (like when your taking a picture), he can "roar" like a lion, he'll also say daddy and wave bye-bye but that is about all. He could be saying stuff and we just don't realize what he's saying.
*he loves to play with cars. He'll push little matchbox cars around the floor. he'll even make a vroom sounds.
*He'll give kisses (usually with an open mouth) but every now and then you can get him to pucker up.

4 comments:

Emma said...

Oh my gosh that little Carly sounds so fun! Andi & Carly would make a bad combo!
I need to meet Sam.

wheaties said...

I enjoy the "you shouldn't poke them in the eyes" comments she makes about various objects of her attention. . . dolls, animals, Emmaline... :)

The Isoms said...

I guess Carly is a little like me...the mothers curse!
What a cutie Sam is! I want to hear him say his few words! He is getting to big!

Pauline said...

I miss you guys. Cute Cute kids. Call me when you get home and update me on what is going on with your house.