"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sleeping Children

I can't remember if I posted this picture or not but I thought it was funny and worth posting again (if I already did!)
Chad bought Carly these shoes from Wal-mart and for some reason she absolutely loves them! She wanted to wear them to bed but I got her to set hem on the table next to her bed. When I went to check on her before I went to bed this is what I found.

Sambo Man fast asleep


I'm posting this for my mom so she can see where I hung her works of art. She painted these pictures for my for my birthday! I never knew about this talent my mom had until recently! I love them, and I love the fact that I have a little piece of southern Utah hanging up in my house! Thanks mom!



6 comments:

Pauline said...

Two cute sleeping children. And I like the spot you hung your pictures. Glad you can enjoy them.

Des said...

I love taking sleeping pics of my kids. They are so innocent and sweet when they are sleeping. I love mom's artwork too. They look great in that room. She is very talented. I'm still looking for the perfect picture for her to paint one for me!

Marci said...

your kido's are so dang cute...sam is sooo big! kaylin started sleeping with his favorite things too but not shoes thats just too funny, he like sleeping with as many cars as he can hold! thanks for the comment on my pic... i bet your are home sick...since texas doesnt really have any mountains there...i know when i go visit my sister in caldwell for a few week i always get home sick, i do love our mountains...!!

Peyton and Jayce said...

I LOVE the pictures! What a talented mom you have! I love, LOVE the red wall- I wish you would come here and paint my house- I had some red in the kitchen that I hated- I guess you have to choose just the right shade! The cute Karli sleeping with the shoes reminds me of Kelcey when she was that age- all about the shoes!!

The Isoms said...

Sam looks so BIG! Carly is a silly girl. I have many pictures of my silly sleepers!
The paintings look great!

Peyton and Jayce said...

Thanks for the info on the red-
I just wanted to tell you that Ron and Verlaine were over and she kept saying "Danette has some cute, cute kids!" Of course we KNOW they are cute- but I thought it was sweet to hear her talk about them!
She had a really great time visiting Texas!