"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Thursday, March 12, 2009

10 months old!

Well, he made it to 10 months, or I made it to 10 months! Sam has changed so much this past month it is crazy. It seems like when babies become pretty mobile they are no longer the same child! This kid is so independent and stubborn (don't know where he gets that!?) He is definitely a boy, you can tell this by his temper. Sure, you may think how bad a temper can this sweet little smiling boy have....it's a bad one. The kind where they throw themselves backward and you hope your prepared to catch them so they don't smash their head into a wall and where they can scream loud enough to wake up the neighbors...ya, this kid has got it all! But, his cute side makes up for it. He has a definite silly side that you can coax out of him if you play with him long enough. He is still really to get a smile from, which is nice. We've finally made it to the point of sleeping through the night. Which is a big plus for me! I like my sleep!


Since he has learned to stand and cruise along furniture, he thinks he is pretty tricky. He doesn't think he needs our help anymore. His independence is coming out a little too early! I think it's mostly due to the fact that all day long he watched Carly run from one end of the house to another so in his brain he thinks "why can't I do that" I can just see the determination in his eyes, he wants to walk so bad! I wouldn't be surprised if he started walking within the next couple weeks!! (Heaven help me!)


Sam has mastered the stairs...well, at least going up the stairs. He still hasn't got the going down part! He LOVES the stairs, it's hard to keep him away from them.

6 comments:

Dave and Natasha said...

He sounds just like Jack! So stubborn and very independent! Jack can scream like no other, but smiles tons when he's happy. Is this just a boy thing or what!?

Emma said...

Oh my goodness he's so grown up! I can't believe it's been 10 months!

Des said...

Love, love, love that boy! What a cutie. I can't wait to hug him! I'm jealous of mom and dad. I wish I could have come with them.

Stephanie said...

awww - I'm so glad someone else has a baby boy that acts the same way as my little man!! HAHA Isn't it joyful?? LOL I just keep thinking - maybe he's getting it out of his system now and from 2 on out he'll be the calm - collective one. LOL :)

The Isoms said...

I can't believe he is ten months! He is looking so big! I want to give his loves! I too am jealous of mom and dad...I thought about sneaking in the car with them but I don't think Josh would have appreciated it :)
Can't wait to see you guys next month...it needs to hurry up and get here!!

Pauline said...

I know excatly where he got his stubborness and independance from mmmmmmm I remember a third little girl of mine being the same way. Didn't have the temper that is a boy thing. And Des and Brit I am giving him enough hugs for all of you aleast when he lets me. :)