"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Monday, February 16, 2009

Last week....

Last week was a good week. Nothing too exciting but good! I finally got my sewing machine ( a birthday present) I have no idea what I'm doing but it's fun learning! We went out to dinner as a family on my birthday. I had a pretty relaxing day, it's funny how the older you get the less it seems like it's your birthday. I don't feel 25 but if that's what they tell me then it's okay by me! :) Friday I took Sam to the Dr. and he ended up with a double ear infection again. Friday night we got a baby-sitter and headed over to Chad's parents house. They were having an adult only Valentines day dance in their barn. There was a pretty good crowd, lots of yummy treats and some fun dancing. I even got my Hubby to dance a little (that's a pretty big step for him!) We had a really fun night only to come home and find out that the power went out which resulted in our fish tank leaking almost 20 gallons of water on our floor. No fun for the bab-sitter or for us. Luckily we got it all cleaned up and went out and bought a new filter for our tank. Saturday we went out to Daniel and Alycia's land to eat lunch and walk around. Later We had April baby-sit for us and we headed downtown to see our friend's Andy and Tasha's new little baby girl. She was born on the 10Th (I think) and she is so adorable and chubby!!
Sam turned 9 months old on my birthday. He is getting way too big but he is so much fun! Just recently he has showed us that he loves to dance when music is on (not like his father) he stood up in his crib for the very first time on Sunday. He is such a fun little guy!

4 comments:

The Isoms said...

Sounds like a fun week! I am glad you had a good birthday! Valentines day sounded fun...way to go Chad for dancing!
Sam is standing up in his crib?! What a handsome guy...can't believe he is already nine months!

Dave and Natasha said...

Did I ever wish you Happy Birthday!? I don't think I did, but I WAS thinking about you!!! Hope you had a wonderful day!

Des said...

Sorry about the fish tank. Messes like that are absolutely no fun. I'm glad you had a good birthday and a fun Valentine's day. I'm excited you got a sewing machine! That will be fun to have.

Pauline said...

Is that another double ear infection for Sam or the same one I knew about? Glad your birthday was good. Even though they really aren't as fun as they were when we where little but they still happen. Carly is a little cheezer she is so cute. And tell that little man of yours that he needs to stop growing till grandma gets there. And Chad good on you for dancing it wasn't so bad now was it? See ya soon!!!!!