"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Friday, February 20, 2009

Just a cute picture of my cute Sam. He was enjoying his food!
So, I got a sewing machine for my birthday. I have no clue what I'm doing. This is my first real project other than the two Dora pillowcases I made. It looks pretty good from a distance but there will be no close-up pictures of this blanket. :) Carly doesn't care that it's not perfect!

4 comments:

Pauline said...

They look really good Danette and I bet Carly is in Heaven with Dora all over the place when she sleeps.
and as for Sambo man he is so stinkin cute I can wait to hug all of you next month.

Des said...

They look great. It always takes a little time to figure out things when you're sewing. But just keep practicing and you'll keep getting better. It's so fun to be able to personalize things for your house instead of just buying the premade stuff.

The Isoms said...

Great picture of Sam! I want to squeeze and kiss him!
Great job on the Dor Dor decor!

Natasha Wheatley said...

Haha, I didn't want to show close-ups of my first sewing project either! It will get better- trust me. I'm excited for you though! I wanted to make a bunch of stuff just because I could when I first got my machine. Good luck!