"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Friday, July 13, 2007

MMMM.....Good!

Chicken Lime Soup! This is Yummy yummy! I found the recipe on www.Kraftfoods.com and I decided to try and make it! I was surprised at how good it was! It made a lot so I have tons of leftovers. (FYI- I added some corn to mine)
Just in case you are interested, here is the recipe!

1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 cup chopped onion
2 Tbsp. chopped chipotle chili peppers, or to taste
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
1 bay leaf
1-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1-1/2 qt. (6 cups) chicken broth
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
Salt and black pepper
1 cup KRAFT Shredded Cheddar & Monterey Jack Cheese
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
MIX tomatoes, onion, chili peppers, garlic, oregano and bay leaf in 4-quart saucepot. Cook on medium-high heat 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
ADD chicken, chicken broth and lime juice. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 30 minutes. Remove and discard bay leaf. Season soup with salt and black pepper to taste.
SERVE in soup bowls topped with cheese and cilantro.

KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Special Extra Serve garnished with dollop of BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream, lime slices and fried corn tortillas.

5 comments:

Emma said...

Oh wow that looks so good! Is looks like the soup they have at Cafe Rio minus the toritilla strips, is it like that?
You should come over to my house and make that sometime ;)

Danette said...

I have to say, I've never had the soup at cafe rio! I actually didn't know they had soup because I always get either a burrito or a salad! Silly me

Pauline said...

That looks so yummy I would say you can fix that for us when you come here but with 110 plus temp. Soup is not the #1 choice.

Dave and Natasha said...

Ya, I'd have to agree with your mom... but it looks so good I still want to make it!

Emma said...

What? The soup at Cafe Rio is so delightful you should try it! It sounds really familiar too.
When it cools down here I think I might attempt this.. i've never made soup before. Was it hard?