"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Hooray for the YMCA!

So...I am not an offical member but I have been going to the YMCA with a girl name Cory. Her hubby works with Chad and her and Chad's family have been friends for a long time. Well, she is the mom of two kids and has been wanting to get out so she was brave enough to try the YMCA (she's normally like me and is a chicken and won't try new things by herself) Luckily she tried it and loved it, so I am in my trial week and I know it's only tuesday but I love it! Yesterday we did a stroller fitness class together. I'm glad Carly is good in her stroller, she actually fell asleep for part of it. (not to get too graphic) I haven't sweat that much in a long time, mostly because it was a good hour of straight walking and jogging and also because it's so dang humid here! Today we did a yoga class together. We took our babies to the daycare they have there and we enjoyed an hour free from kids. I felt like a dork because I have never done Yoga in my life but after today I can see why it is such a good workout. Tomorrow we are doing the stroller fitness again. it's so great to get out of the house and to talk with other adults! Well, that's whats new in my life, just thought i'd let ya'll know!

6 comments:

Pauline said...

Thats great I am so proud of you for getting out of your comfort zone alittle that will help you alot on those cloudy dreary days.
Good Job!

Des said...

I am so proud of you little sis! I'm glad you found a new hobby. That will be so much fun. I may just try something like that next year when I am a free woman! (Free from teaching that is.)

Crystal said...

So fun. I love trying new things & I love yoga!! The stroller class sounds great. I'll have to see if they have something like that in SLC.

Emma said...

Yay! You are so brave! My fear of looking stupid keeps me from doing things like that so I am super proud of you! It's nice you have a friend to go with, I'm happy for you and your new adventure! I wish we had something like that!

The Isoms said...

hooray for the YMCA! That sounds like fun! I need a fun way to loose this gut that two cute kids have given me..how sweet.

Dave and Natasha said...

Ahh... I am jealous! Can I come too? I am trying to save up some money so I can get a membership at Gold's Gym here so I can workout with one of my friends. It will be nice to have an hour away from Aaralyn every morning to just workout! I have been telling Kristelle that I missed our workouts together when she was here before... it was all thanks to her that I lost all of the baby weight.. and more! Good thing for workout buddies!