"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Monday, May 7, 2007

Glad the weekend is over!!

Well, we had a very eventful weekend and I am sure glad that it is over!! it all started Thursday when carly decided to wake up with a low grade fever. So I gave her some tylenol and headed off to the YMCA. She seemed to be all right the rest of the day, just a little more cuddly than usual. She is teething so I figured that was the reason for her fever. Friday went about the same, although I woke up feeling a little tickle in my throat, nothing too serious. by Friday night my tickly throat felt more scratchy and I though "great, this is all I need." Carly ran a low grade fever most of friday but again, i thought it was her teeth so I rotated Motrin and Tylenol. Well, Friday night (really Saturday morning) at 3:00 am Carly woke up crying (which is very unusual for her) I went in to chekc on her and she was burning up. It turned out she had a fever of 103 which really freaked me out so I gave her motrin and undressed her and put a wet cloth on her head. I held her four about on hour, i felt so bad for her. her fever finally started to let up so I laid her back in bed and she went right to sleep. Saturday, she woke up a little warm but nothing to worry about. My throat was now to the point to where It hurt to swallow and it felt like something was caught in my throat! Well, we bucked up and decided to stick with our originaly plan for Saturday and go couch shopping. Luckily The Dump (yes that is the name of a furniture store) had the perfect couch we had been looking for. We walked in, it was the first one we saw and sat in and we loved it. We did walk around and look at a couple others but we really like the first one so we got it. it is a dark brown couch and love seat and it so so comfy! Well, we got home and carly was freaking out so I took her into her doctor and of course, nothing is wrong with her. (yeah right!) Saturday night me and Chad had plans to go on a date, so we kept our plans we just made it a short date. (Carly stayed at home with April and her friend) it was nice to get out of the house even though I felt terrible (my throat now turned into aches and pains and an upset stomach.) We got home, Chad put Carly to bed and I got to relax. Sunday, we woke up and I could barely talk or swallow my own spit! It was awful, after looking at my throat in the mirror I decided to head straight to the instacare, where i came to find out the I was "Flaming Positive" (the doctors exact words) for Strep throat! "Lovely" I though. The doctor gave me the choice of oral antibitocs or a fast acting shot. I chose the shot since I have a sick baby to take care of. So, I came home and relaxed most of the day. We found out also that our Air conditioner to our house decided to stop working! It ended up being 84 degrees IN OUR HOUSE!! I felt like I was in a sauna! Luckily a maintance guy is coming today to fix it! One more thing to end our PERFECT weekend. Carly woke up this morning with a rash all over her body!! At least i feel about 80% better, thanks to that wonderful shot! Well, sorry this was long :)
This morning carly was being silly. She had no fever at least, just a nice little rash! She kept putting her sock in her mouth.
A bright spot to our weekend. We found new furniture!


Our sick little girl! This was on sunday. She actually would just sit on the couch on not move, which is very unusual for this little one! Plus, it didn't help that is was so hot in our house!

6 comments:

The Isoms said...

Glad to hear you are starting to feel better! I hate strep throat, it is the owrst. I LOVE the new couches! It looks like Carly likes them to. What is her rash from?

Danette said...

I have no idea!!

Emma said...

Flaming Positive eh? I'm sorry you girls were sick. Maybe Carly has a heat rash? Andrina get's them every so often, I just give her Benadryl.
I really like your new couches, they look so comfy! Which reminds me I haven't even done pics of our new furniture! Agh!

Pauline said...

Sounds like a weekend from you know where. I am glad you are feeling better. And hopefully Carly is too! I love your couches, they look very soft all over no head knockers on them. Can't wait to see you in two weeks.

Des said...

I'll bet the rash was just from the fever breaking. A lot of times kids will do that if they have had a fever for a few days. My kids have had that happen a few times. I'm sorry you got strep. Emma probably gave it to you when we were down for Daniel's farewell. Although that was a little while ago. I don't know how long it usually takes. I'm sorry you were so sick. Mark and I had the flu last week and it took us down! I haven't been that sick for a very long time. It was terrible! I'm glad you found some couches. That's pretty exciting.

Kristen said...

I am glad you are both feeling better.. and congrats on the new couches! So exciting!