"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Sam is 5!!

I don't even know where to begin. I really can't believe my little Sam is 5 years old (and going to Kindergarten in the fall!) He is still so little to me.  
Some facts about Sam at 5:
*He is still very affectionate. He loves to give loves and kisses. 
*He loves to tease, especially his older sister.  He loves to play little games or tricks on people.
*He is such a daddy's boy. If Chad is home Sam is usually found right by his side.  He'll be out in the woods with Chad for hours "helping" his daddy work.
*He is so ready to go to school. I think he's just tired of being at home all day with Annie and I.
*He's not a big eater anymore. Unless it's Scholtsky's. Then he can down a whole sandwhich within a matter of minutes.
*He is a good big brother, although he thinks he can play rough with Annie who doesn't really appreciate is most of the time.
* He loves anything to do with fast cars (hmmmm...wonder where he got that from?)
*Whenever he sees a cool car he is sure to point it out to me.
*He still likes to follow Carly around when she gets home from school. 
*He is coming into the phase where when he gets angry or upset he turns to hitting or kicking. I suppose that is just a boy thing?? Hopefully it won't last (or am I just kidding myself?)
*We didn't really go through a terrible two or three phase with this kid.  It seems to be that we will get a frightening five stage?? hopefully not!
*He whistles in his sleep some nights.
*Every morning before he gets dressed he usually asks if it will be "hot or cold" and then sometimes he'll have to run outside to check.
*
*
*
I kind of want to cry thinking of how fast time is going. Wasn't Carly just 5?? I couldn't decide which pictures to post so I just posted a ton. Enjoy Sam and all his cuteness! We sure love this kid, although he knows how to push buttons and makes us want to pull our hair out. I just can't imagine my life without this little boy of mine!















2 comments:

Pauline said...

Well can this old person say that it seems like yesterday that Sam' mom was just 5, time goes so fast and the older you get the faster it goes. I love that little man and all his cuteness!! Happy Birthday Sambo man!!

Des said...

Love this cute boy!