"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Friday, April 13, 2012

House addition update


Sam and Grandpa Great
It's finally done! (Except for some minor small things like doorknobs) I took the above picture the day they were pouring the cement blocks. It was so cute to see that boys never change!
These are some pictures of everything done. If you've been to our house, it'll make sense where it is.
The before and after. The wall you see in the first picture was the kids closet. That obviously was cut open and made into a hallway to the new bedroom. Now, all that is needed is a new closet built in the old bedroom. We laid carpet down over the wood floors in the hallway.
This is a picture taken standing by our kitchen. You can see the old kids bedroom, looking down into the new hallway. The white tape will be replaced withe a trim piece once we sand the wood floors in that little area.
I have pictures of the outside still to put up but it's not quite finished on the outside. Still needs a little bit of paint in some areas.
The kids got to sleep in the new room last night and they were so excited! They have been waiting so patiently through all of this (although it only took two weeks, that's a lifetime in their eyes) I am mostly excited to have more space!
Have I mentioned I love my ward! A couple friends from church threw a combined baby shower for me and another friend of mine who is pregnant. I really didn't need much since I saved most everything from Carly but it was sure nice to get a head start supply of diapers and wipes and some cute outfits! It was an open house shower so we didn't open gifts there. I thought it would be fun to let Carly and Sam open the presents for the baby. I never knew they could get so excited over wipes, and Carly kept saying "oh, how cute!!" I am so grateful for good friends!

3 comments:

Pauline said...

Can't wait to see it in person. I am glad the kids where excited to sleep in their new room. Love the pic of Grandpa and Sam that is priceless. Thats always a nice start to bringing a new baby home, diapers and wipes more necessary than clothes sometimes. :) Love ya

Des said...

So happy that your addition is done. And I am really thankful for wonderful people who take care of you when we can't do stuff for you because of the distance. Love you! :)

Emma said...

looks great! I really like that color on your walls. and only 2 weeks? that is amazing! I am happy for you that it is done, que nesting!