"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Saturday, October 1, 2011

October really?

It's really October? When did that happen, does that mean I have to start thinking about Halloween costumes and Thanksgiving and Christmas!? I was really enjoying my lazy days of summer :( I guess we can't stop time so we must move forward.
I can't believe I only posted twice in September. I guess that just goes to show how really of a boring month it was for us. Here are some random pictures from the end of the month that I thought I could share.

Dolly and Nanny found a nice spot for a nap in front of our storage shed.

*

Thanks to an early Christmas present (a brand new septic system) we now have a front yard that is mostly dirt. It didn't help that it was already mostly dirt from the lack of rain, but now it's a sand pile! At least the kids found joy in it. They had fun one afternoon playing in the dirt (and making mud) I admit, they got really dirty but it was nice to have them occupied for quite a while.








Carly was proud of how dirty she got. Sam, on the other hand, can't stand to be dirty. Something is not right here ;)

2 comments:

Pauline said...

Carly does love the dirt!!!!! Looks like fun with all the dirt I can't believe how dry it is. You need to spice up your life so you post more;0)

Emma said...

That stinks about your septic, Merry Christmas?
That first picture is so funny, you guys live a great life!