"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Saturday, October 29, 2011

It's time I suppose...

I guess it's time for an update. Between feeling nauseous ALL DAY LONG and one round of tonsillitis (or something of that nature) I haven't felt like doing much at all.
We did manage to make it to our ward Fall Carnival/Trunk or Treat. It really was a lot of fun. The kids enjoyed it but were mostly excited for the Trunk or treat part of the night.
There were snacks and a couple carnival games set up in the gym, a maze, a beauty boutique and and obstacle course.


Sam and Chad doing the cupcake walk.

Carly playing the Mummy Game





Cupcake Walk again.


Carly got a unicorn painted on her face. She was so excited when she saw this picture.


*


Earlier in the month we went to the Catfish Festival. Yes, I said Catfish Festival.

Carly's dance class was performing. I laugh when I look at these pictures for a couple reasons:


*Carly is the only one in Jean shorts

*Carly is the only one with no make-up, no glitter

*Carly is the only one with a Mom who had no idea what these things were like.


She still had fun though but I don't see many more of these in our future.

Sadly we didn't even get a video of the cute little dance, we had the video camera, it just didn't want to record. :(





4 comments:

Des said...

Don't worry about not knowing anything about the performance. I remember when Emma first started competing, I had no idea what was involved with that process. You live and learn. All of the other girls probably have older siblings who have already done it. She still looks super cute. :)

Pauline said...

She still looked cute even with the levi shorts. Love the unicorn on that cute face. Glad you felt good enough to go and have some fun. Love ya

Cami and Mitch said...

aw, she doesn't need all that stuff :) She has the cutest smile of them all! Boys are so easy :)

Emma said...

I hope you get feeling better!!

A Catfish festival, eh? That's pretty awesome. And my girls are begging to be in dance class, this reminds me of why they are not, I am not that kind of mom!