"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Kindergarten!

August 22, 2011

Carly went to kindergarten for the first time! She was so excited. She has been asking about school since she was....well.....at least since she turned 3. She has been so ready for so long that it was no problem. She woke up excited, got dressed, ate breakfast and we were off. She sang and talked the whole way to school. She could not contain the excitement she was feeling. We had gone to "Meet the teacher" night the previous week so she knew right where her seat was. She sat down and got right to work coloring her picture. She only mentioned once that she didn't want me to go but then quickly got engrossed in coloring her picture again and said nothing more.

When I picked her up that afternoon she was so happy! She had so much to tell me. I am so happy that she had a great first day. Today is her third day and she is still just as excited. She still has a hard time saying her teachers name. Mrs. Bon Jorno.

*

One funny thing, at the end of the day I have to wait in a car rider line to pick her up. The first day was pretty packed so she had to wait for quite a while (30 min. to her, that is an eternity!) Yesterday, she was so worried because she said she "got so bored waiting for me" She kept talking about it, so I let her take a book in her backpack so she wouldn't get bored. I swear, this girl gets bored if she's not doing something for 3 minutes.
I still can't believe it. My days are pretty quiet. Sam actually entertains himself (where Carly did not) So, it's still sinking in on how much free time I have during the day.

3 comments:

Pauline said...

Ahhhh cute Carly I am so glad that she is so excited she is a doll. And I am glad that Sam entertains himself that is really nice when that happens. You will be able to get alot done. :-)

Emma said...

Ah! How did this happen so fast to our babies?

I am glad she took to it so well & I am jealous of all your free time!

Des said...

dear danette,

I can't believe Carly is already In kindergarten! Tell her hi and that I miss her!
Love Emma