"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

changes.....

Some changes are coming our way, well...one change really. This little girl is starting kindergarten on Monday! People keep asking me if I'm sad and my answer is no. Does that make me a bad mom? I don't feel like it does. Carly is SO ready for school. She was ready 6 months ago! At this point she gets so bored at home. I am constantly needing to entertain or find things to entertain her (which isn't always bad, but can be very overwhelming!) She has such a different personality than me that we also tend to clash very easily.
I think Kindergarten is just what we need at this point in time. Don't get me wrong, I am sad that my baby girl is growing up (way to fast!) I'm sure I will miss her, I know I will miss her. But, I am excited for her, she is going to love school! She has been walking around our house copying words she sees in her little notebook.

I still panic sometimes when I think that this is the beginning of a new stage in life. I worry about what she come home saying and the questions she might have. I'm not sure how many members of the church are in her school so I worry if we've prepared her enough to face the world. But, then I breath and realize it's just kindergarten. We had a nice rain storm pass through Sunday so we let the kids go at it! They were so excited to play in the rain and mud (the mud that used to be grass until our grass dies because of the lack of rain!)



With Carly starting school it will be just me and this little man at home. Life has a funny way of throwing you for a loop. I didn't think I'd be down to one child at home so quickly. I thought I'd have another baby by the time Carly started school, but....obviously there are different plans for us right now. In a way I'm excited. Sam and I can have the one on one time that Carly and I had before Sam. It will be weird for sure, but I'm looking forward to it! (let's just hope and pray that there is another child here by the time Sam starts school. I'm not prepared to have all my kids in school before I'm 30!)



I had to throw in another picture of Nanny. She found a new place to hang out, mostly because I think she likes to get away from Dolly (our dog). We also got another baby calf yesterday! Adorable!!



2 comments:

Des said...

Definitely DOES NOT make you a bad mom to not be sad that Carly is going to school. I felt the same way about my kids- Josh in particular. He was SO ready for school. Now here I am- 3 out of 4 kids headed back to school and I can not wait. I love them, we've had a fun summer and I am sad to see summer end because it's been pretty carefree- but, we are a little sick of seeing each other every day. The kids are anxious to see their school friends and eat school lunch (ya I know, my kids are weird). It's hard to have them grow up, but it's exciting to see them experience new things and learn new things. She will learn some interesting things at school for sure. Kids will be kids, but you guys are great parents and will be able to handle anything that comes up. She is going to love it and so will you. Still praying so hard every day that you will be able to have another cute little one running around. Hang in there. :) Love ya sis.

Pauline said...

Nope no bad mom, that is why we have children to teach them and then let them spread their wings. Yes it is difficult and the world is a scary place but Carly has great parents, she will be fine. You have a lot of prayers coming your way on adding another little Mclane cutie to your family!!!! Love You