"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Vacation Time!!

We just got back a couple days ago from our vacation in Southern Utah. We had so much fun. I am so glad I was able to spend a whole week with my family (which is definitely not enough) We had a lot of fun and kept busy. I didn't take many pictures (I'm sad now) but it was nice not to have my camera out the whole time.
The drive up was pretty good, the kids did great, the driving was great and it really went by fast! The drive home on the other hand felt like forever, we were glad to pull up to our house the end of the second day. The kids were beyond excited to be home (or out of the car, or both)


*


The pictures below were taken at (a place, I'm drawing a blank on the name) but it was basically a huge room with trampolines and blow up thingys. The kids all had a blast, and I think the adults did too!



(my camera was on the wrong setting or something for the next too, I'm sad that we were blurry)







We towed our boat with us all the way from Texas so we could enjoy some time at the lake by my parents. There were some short trips to the lake throughout the week and then on Friday we spent the majority of the day there with everyone. We also rented a waverunner (my personal favorite) I think everyone had a blast and went away tired, happy and not too sunburned.




Chad and Sam



Cousins!!


Carly and I


Sharise and I


Friday morning before heading to the lake we took the opportunity to snap some family photos. Below is me and my newest niece Haiven. I was so so so happy to finally be able to meet her on this trip! She is adorable!

Last year for my niece's birthdays' I made them each a skirt. So I thought I'd take the opportunity to take a picture with my cute nieces and my hard work. The only one without a skirt is baby Haiven.







I LOVE my family!!


The last night we were all together the girls decided to take the opportunity for a girls night out. We ate yummy food (I stuffed myself), did a little shopping and some pictures. I'm so grateful for these women in my life and that I can call them my sisters and Mom. We always have so much fun and I miss their faces when we aren't together.







The End.

2 comments:

Des said...

I miss your face too when you are not here. :) One week is definitely not enough time, especially when we were really only there for a few days of that week. Love ya!

Pauline said...

Ditto a week is never enough but we take what we can get. It was so fun having everyone together for the short time that we were together. I'll take anything I can get. Love ya :)