"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Sambo Man!

Sam turns TWO!!

May 12, 2008

I still can't believe that my baby is two! Time has definitely gone by way too fast the second time around. I don't like it but I suppose that is what life is all about. Sam has definitely brought loads of joy into our home (and maybe some deafness in my left ear) We love his sweet, playful, stubborn personality! Now, some fun facts about Sambo Man....

*He loves to play fight, he is definitely all boy!

*He has to be the one to shut any kind of door.

*He likes to throw things, especially from the top of the stairs

*He calls guns "boom booms" and cars "vroom vrooms"

*When we want to kiss him good-bye he makes us kiss the back of both hands and then we get to kiss his mouth. Not sure where that came from?

* He is so so so addicted to his binky.

*He is fascinated with anything with a motor, just like his dad.

*He loves to pretend to drive our car.

*He loves the cats and skipper

*He screams like a girl. I'm not joking.

*He copies everything Carly does and says. Word for word.

*At dinner one night Chad jokingly told Sam he needs to eat more meat because he's scrawny. Well, Sam climbed down from his chair went over to Chad, hit Chad and then climbed back on his chair, like he knew that Chad just insulted him.

*He is a good eater, most days.

*He throws a major fit if I give him water instead of juice.

*Loves to sing and dance.

*Loves quiet time in his room. He's always been that way. He'll play in there for a good while without wanting to come out. I think he gets that from me.

*Found out I keep the marshmellows in a low cupboard. For a while he would sneak in there and grab as many marshmellows as he could.

*He hated nursery at church, but all of a sudden one week he decided that it wasn't too bad.

*Always falls asleep in front of his door at night, so every night we have to pick him up and put him in his bed.

*LOVES to be outside, riding his tricycle.


There you have it....I am so glad Sam chose to be a part of this family. He has been and will continue to be a bright spot in my life. I hope he knows how much I love him and I am so grateful for all that he teaches me (the good and the bad!)


Still baking....






A couple hours old



Sam's blessing day




A couple days old



2 months old



Five months old




Eight Months old





May 2009

Sam's First Birthday!



November 2009


February 2010


April 2010

4 comments:

Pauline said...

I can't believe it has been two year since I was there watching the little guy be born into this world. I miss him and his silly little personality. Happy birhtday to you Sambo Man. Love ya and can't wait to see your cute face in person not just skype.

Emma said...

Happy 2 years to Sambo!

that picture of you pregnant kills me! there is no way your little self could be that big!

wheaties said...

it seems just yesterday he was bouncing like crazy in his bouncy chair! Man time flies!

Great post -- I like the picture progression!

Des said...

Such a cutie pie. I remember coming to visit when he was a baby. You need to have another baby so I can come and visit again! :) Just kidding, but it does give me really good leverage when I tell Mark, "I have to go help Danette with the new baby!" Love that Sam! Give him hugs and kisses for me!