"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

D-I-S-G-U-S-T-I-N-G!!!

This is the underneath of the spider. The picture of the top of him didn't turn out that great.
Today, I was enjoying my time outside while my kids played in a little kiddie pool, when out of the corner of my eye I saw something move (it was about 6 feet away) I walked a little closer because I was curious about what it was. To my absolute HORROR I saw this creature. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Now, I have seen big spiders before. Tarantula's. It's been years and tarantula's are suppose to be big so you are somewhat prepared, but this...this was just a normal looking spider only HUGE!! If you know me, you know I HATE spiders of any kind. I can't even kill small spiders without having an anxiety attack. I have no clue where this fear came from. I've never been bitten. Anyway....I sort of froze. I didn't let my kids out of the pool until I thought of some way to get rid of this thing. I then remembered we had wasp spray in our laundry room. The can says it can spray from up to 16 feet away. It was the perfect solution. I ran inside (all the while I was telling the kids to stay in the pool). I grabbed the can and started to spray. It started running for it's life but I was not going to let him get free just so he could come back and get revenge! I spray him the whole 10 feet he ran. I sprayed until he eventually stopped and then died. I do not feel bad about killing this thing. The world is now with one less spider and I couldn't be happier (I'm not looking forward to my dreams tonight) but I am happier he is now passed on.

p.s. I about threw up when chad decided to pick up the dead thing just so we could get a picture.

10 comments:

Emma said...

that freaks me out, i can't believe he picked it up.

i am the same way with moths & i know it's absolutly silly but they freak me out more then any spider would.

hope you sleep well tonight. i hope you don't sleep with your mouth open..

The Isoms said...

YUCK!!!!!!
Now I have the creepy crawlys!

Pauline said...

I know exactly where you got the fear of spiders from ME!!!!!!! I hate spiders and I think I past that on to most of you. Chad should not be picking creepy crawly things up like that even if they are dead YUCK!!!!!!!! I am glad the kids didnt get curious and go play with it while you were getting the spray I can see Carly doing that.

bryce and paige said...

I just got the biggest chill down my spine, looking at that picture! So freaky!

David Williams said...

K, why do you have to go and put a picture on there to give me nightmares!? We just watched Aracnaphobia (?) the other day (my first time seeing it), it was pretty corny since it's so old, but I still got the heebie geebies watching it! Thanks a lot, your picture brought it back! ;)

David Williams said...

Oops, signed as Dave, but this is really Natasha. I'm sure you guessed that already.

*ShaRisE* said...

HAHAAHA we are so much alike! I CANT NOT STAND killing spiders! Even with a shoe! I feel like itll like melt through my shoe and bite me! I have panick attacks everytime i see a freakin spider! Im so glad there is one less spider in the world! Thank you sister thank you!!

wheaties said...

That is a pretty sweet looking spider! I think you should stick it with a pin and put on your wall as a memory ;)

Pauline said...

Ok a new post that spider is creepy I need to see the cute faces of my grandkids.

Heidi and Caleb Sims said...

I understand your fear since I am grossed out by dead animals. I would like to know how you picked it up with your bare hands!?