"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Happy Birthday Carly!!

Well, we made it to 4! I can't believe I have a four year old. That seems so old to me! Carly has definitely kept us on our toes and has baffled us many times but we are so glad she is in our family! Here are some fun things we love about her...
*She loves to dance and sing and will perform for ANYONE! Especially if it's over the webcam to my family!
* She loves to tease Sam and make him scream.
*She is playing pretend more.
*She talks NON-STOP. Especially in the car. I don't know where she gets that from.
*She prays for courage almost every night so she won't get scared.
*She gets excited when she has new clothes to wear.
*She has two "best friends" at school. Sophia and Meredith. And her teachers.
*Her two favorite pretend names are "Carlia and Carlay"
*She not afraid of much except the dark and being alone.
*she'll pick up almost any bug except for ants.
*She is terrible to shop with.
*She LOVES pre-school
*Loves her cousin Adam. They are best friends.
*Always asks to go to "Grandma's and Rae Rae's and Brittany's house, but they're to far away" (she asks this almost every day)
*Has a Texas accent.
says "Drank" for Drink
*Loves the color green
*Loves to color
*loves to help feed the pets
*Loves to go on walks.
*Can learn a song after only hearing it a couple times.
*Loves our little 4-wheeler and is great at driving it!
*She loves to go fast and always asks why my car doesn't go fast.
*Still talks about our "old blue house"
*Tells me my car is old and we need a new one.
*Will talk to ANYONE! She strikes up a conversation with people at the grocery store. Sam is watching and learning.
*She is so smart it scares me.
*She loves to collect toys in a bucket and carry it around the house for the day.
*she wants to read so bad!
* She recognizes every letter in the alphabet, can spell her name and almost write every letter in the alphabet.
*She loves a routine.
*She loves to help clean when I let her.
I am so happy that I get to be her mother and I am grateful for all that she is teaching me about myself! We love her!
Couple hours old

couple days old








four or five months old


1st Birthday!





August 2007



April 2008



May 2008

Big Sister!



July 2008


Oct. 2008


February 2009




July 2009



January 2010


April 2010

(Carly and Esther)

3 comments:

Pauline said...

Happy Birthday Big Girl I love that last picture of her kissing Esther. I can't believe you have a 4 year old either. But then I can't believe I have 9 grand children. Crazy.

The Isoms said...

Happy Birthday!
She can come over anytime ;-D
She is such a cute girl! Love talking to her on the phone... well actually listening to her.
That pic of her and Esther is adorable!

wheaties said...

haa haa! Chad is sooo young looking!
And skinnier ;)