"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving fun!

There are a lot of pictures in this post so have fun! We spent Thanksgiving in Utah this year. We decided to drive rather than fly because of price differences and I have to say wasn't that bad! Our kids did extremely well and there were no major meltdowns which is always a plus! It took us about 23 hours one way so there was a lot of time spent in the car but with the help from Dora the explorer, Elmo and lots of books we made it!
We ate Thanksgiving dinner at my Mom's parents house this year! It bring back so many memories eating at their house! We came up with a good way to keep off those extra pounds after shoving our faces full of food! Everyone seemed to get in on the action! I have to give props to my mom who is freakishly strong! Way to go racquetball!

Sam was well loved! He got plenty of hugs and kisses while he was there! As you can tell, he loves the camera!

More pictures from our Thanksgiving feast! Carly slept through most of it but woke up in time to try some turkey and potatoes.


While we were in SLC I thought we'd get Carly's hair cut! She needed one desperately! My cousin Leslie manages Cookie Cutters. It is a really cute place for kids to get haircuts. Carly loved it and did pretty well at holding still! Thanks Leslie for the cute haircut!
We celebrated birthdays while we were there. Chad's birthday fell on Thanksgiving this year which is kind of fun! I surprised him with some fishing lures that he wanted. I guess you know were getting old when things like that can excite you! We enjoyed some birthday ice cream with family.
We had so much fun! It was sad to come home. I love visiting my family, especially around the Holidays. We got home last night around 10:00 (a little later than plan due to some Thanksgiving traffic) It was nice to be at home and sleep in our own bed! Now.......on to Christmas!





6 comments:

Pauline said...

Great pictures, I have to agree it was fun being all together as a family I hated to see it come to an end but then everything has to I guess. Love ya

Lacey said...

Cute pictures! I just love your family. *sigh*

Des said...

We had a lot of fun. Glad that you could stay with us for the week. The house is strangely quiet, even with my munchkins running around. We miss you guys! I have to agree that mom is freakishly strong, but so are you, wonder woman! It was a fun, fun week. I wish I wouldn't have been sick for most of it.

Emma said...

Looks like a great time with your family! I can't believe you drove all that way with two little kids, that is amazing!
And I think you Fowlks girls are all a bit freakishly strong despite your small statures!

The Isoms said...

FUN, FUN, FUN! I miss you guys already! What a great time!
I agree with Emma we may be small but we are feisty!

wheaties said...

Looks like ya'll had a great time! Old age is a funny thing -- getting excited about fishing lures?! I mean come on . . .lol I get excited about computer parts. :0)~

Tash and I were wondering if ya'll would be interested in doing a Christmas party -- kinda like we did for Halloween. Cuz we will be in town as well ...