"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Sunday, December 21, 2008

week in review

Sunday: Took family picture, relaxed.

(Sam loves Skipper)
Saturday: We had a Christmas party at our house. Only in Texas can you swim in December without freezing your butt off. (except today it dropped to 45 degrees, i know boo-hoo) We heated the pool to around 94 degrees. So, it was practically a hot tub you could swim around in. Very nice! Some of the pictures aren't that great because the pool was steaming so much!
The kids enjoying a Christmas movie while the adults chatted and played games.

Friday: Made Christmas cookies and Caramel (actually the caramel was on Saturday) Carly had more fun licking the dough than helping me make them! I had to make the traditional Chocolate Chews (cookies) and homemade Caramel that my mom always made. Brings back good memories that I want to make with my children.

Monday: Chad surprised me with an early Christmas present. Ever since we moved to Texas (3 years ago. Wow) We have always wanted a fish tank. Chad and I have had one ever since we dated. I took them while he left on his mission (they all died off one by one.) When we got married we replenished the tank and those same fish (3 of them) are now living with my sister. Anyway...our dream finally came true when Chad's uncle was getting rid of his tank. Let me just say thank you to Uncle Ron.

8 comments:

The Isoms said...

Looks like a great weekend!! Wish I was there to swim in your hot tub!!(I guess right now though I can't :( )
Great Christmas picture. Just got one of the kids.
Carly's face covered in that sugary goodness looks yummy!
Sam is just cute...what else can I say...I want him here!!

Stephanie said...

sOOO much fun!! Chocolate chews sound DELICIOUS!! And love-love your new fish tank!! Brings back good memories of when Ryan and I were newlyweds SIX years ago - we had a fish tank. I LOVED them - they were so fun and relaxing to watch and they had babies. **sigh** then they all died. LOL.

Des said...

What a fun week. Don't talk to me about swimming in December! Not when I am sitting here with 2 feet of snow around me! :)

Dave and Natasha said...

Love the fish tank. Looks like a finding Nemo one!

Pauline said...

I agree with Des ya know our weather is usually like that but not this year it is more like SLC. We are getting rain rain rain today. I am hoping that it does not do what it did a few years ago and cause a flood again. Looks like you had a great week with family and friends. We love you and going to miss everyone at Christmas this year. :(

Pauline said...

I just have to add that I love that cookie dough face she is so cute and I can tell she is enjoying the good stuff.

wheaties said...

Go master splinter !!

wheaties said...

and cracka' !!! ;o)~