"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Mondays always come to fast!

okay, not really....it's not like my life is that busy and my Mondays are really no different than Thursdays. I just never like thinking about Mondays! This past weekend was nice. It was relaxing, nothing too exciting.
*Carly went poop (multiple times) and pee in the potty! HOORAY...we might be headed toward big girl panties before the month is over! Okay, so maybe in my dreams that will happen but I have the right to dream okay?
*Gas hit $1.83 at the Wal-Mart near our house, which is a great thing in and of itself but it also means our trip to Utah at Thanksgiving time will be a lot cheaper than expected! (yes!)
*I think I've lost 2 lbs since I started back at the YMCA. Okay, so 2 pounds isn't that great but hey, it's something! :)
*Sam has finally mastered the rolling over thing (although, he can only do it when he's really mad) oh and he's also mastered screaming like a girl! Chad is pretty proud of him for that :)
*Sam thought it would be fun to wake up every hour last night. 12:30 am, 1:30 am, 2:30 am, 3:30 am, 4:30 am, 5:00 am, 5:30 am, and finally 7:00. It's like he had an alarm clock in there with him. Needless to say I wasn't very fun to be around today! :)
*It's finally been getting cool enough at night to turn our heater on so...it actually feels like Fall (which is always good thing, considering it's November!)
*I've got all my Christmas shopping done (just for our kids) which is actually a big deal since I'm such a procrastinator!
Anyway...hope you all had a good weekend and that we can all make it through Monday!

6 comments:

Josh & Leslie Warner said...

So when you come to Utah for Thanksgiving are you coming to Salt Lake. If so I have some $8 hair cut coupons if you want to come in. Also it would be great to see you guys. I think I have seen you all of 5 times since I moved back from Florida.

Dave and Natasha said...

Yeah for Carly getting potty trained!!! Aaralyn caught on quickly, but regressed a LOT after the babies came, but (knock on wood) she's been accident free for quite some time now!

Yeah for Sam rolling over, but sorry you had such a rough night! Is he teething or something or not feeling well? I wouldn't have been very happy about that either!

Last, but not least, Yeah for you losing 2 pounds! I think that's quite a feat after having kids... any and all weight loss is always good! I think my kids did it for me though, so this time I can't really take any credit for my weight loss, feeding two took care of it for me. You ought to try it next time! LOL!

Marci said...

I love it when they potty on the realy potty, kaylin is working on it too! you should call me and rayni and come say hi when you come to utah that would be really fun to see ya!

Pauline said...

GOOD JOB Carly and yeah for Sam rolling over but not keeping you up all night that is not very fun at all. And your trip will be cheaper to UT untill you get in UT the HIGHEST price gas in the nation good thing your not coming to So UT because it is higher than SLC. Good ol So UT where the prices of everything keep going up but they forget to raise the wages.

Marci said...

ya for sure let me know when you come again we would love to c-ya, we talk about you all the time, it will be good then cause rayni will have her baby by then, she's almost ready to pop! i just did her maternity pic's and she can wait to have her little girl cause she doent want to get any bigger hahaha!

Ashley & Kevin said...

YAy for pottying & yay for rolling over! I think sam & Lukas were friends in heaven because he does the SAME thing! EVERY STINKIN hour! & it's like he pretends he wants to eat but really he just wants to wake me up!
Good for you for losing 2lbs. That may seem like a small number but at least it's not 0! It's like the whole dialating thing! you hear you're @ 2 & you think ugh still have a lot to go but realy @ lest it's not 0! I wish I could lose that much!