"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Monday, September 22, 2008

Still no power...

The calm before the storm
Carly had fun playing in all the rain that fell while the storm was passing. It rained like crazy!!

Just another tree that fell on a car.


Sam was watching the rain fall.

It's been what, 11 days and still no power?? Luckily we have family here who either has a generator or was one of the lucky ones and already has their power restored. So, we have basically been living from a suitcase only we are not on a vacation!! It's amazing how much you depend on something so much, it's kinda sad. There are so many stupid little things I took for granted like....
a cold refrigerator with food in it,

an ice cold drink,

ICE,

turning a light on at night,

having cold cereal in the morning with milk from my refrigerator,

hearing the AC turn on in our house,

charging my phone in the house,

using the microwave,

using the disposal in the sink,

using the garage door opener,

the pump to our swimming pool so it doesn't look like a mosquito infested pond,

having Carly watch Elmo's World,

using a hair dryer,

turning a light on in my closet so I can see my clothes,

using a real stove and not a camping stove,

having meat in my freezer,

The list could go on...granted we have had other homes to stay in so we don't have to stay in our home and be miserable. They have now put our zip code and the "not sure" area of when power will be restored, they have said that it could be anytime after Thursday the 25th. The stupid part is that people in the subdivision next to us have power!! It is really messed up the way the power lines work. I just have to apologize ahead of time to my parents if the power isn't back on when they come. It's kind of out of my hands :)

8 comments:

Lacey said...

So sorry tootsie. That STINKS! Wanna come hang out in Austin?

Des said...

I'm so sorry! I can't imagine what it would be like to not have power for so long. It definitely puts things into perspective. We have you guys in our thoughts and prayers all the time. Emma said in her prayer tonight, "please bless Chad and Danette and all of the other people infected by the storm". She meant affected by the storm because that's what I say in my prayers! She is so cute. Love you guys!

Pauline said...

Well ya know that us people from Leeds are pretty accustomed to living without power so I think we would be ok however living without AC is a different story. So you find those little power people and tell them to get their little tushies to your neighborhood and fix that power. Anyway I LOVE that pic of the back of same It cracked me up I laughed and laughed. We love you and can't wait to see you.

Pauline said...

Sorry I meant Sam not some

Ashley & Kevin said...

That does totally stink! I couldn't live without AC for 2days let alone 11! I hope it gets turned on soon for you!

The Isoms said...

That STINKS! You should just come here and play until the power is back on! We all want to see you and the kids (and Chad, he can come to)! Love the picture of Sam looking out the window...PRICELESS!

Jeff and Rayni Dean said...

Wow. That's awful! I think the No AC is what would be the hardest for me. Having no AC in my car during the summer is bad enough. Hope all is well.

Stephanie said...

Hey girl! Oh your fam is 2 cute!! So glad I found ya on here. =)