"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Saturday, September 27, 2008

And....we have light!

I cannot express how happy I was when I was sitting in my kitchen, the sun was going down and I was not really looking forward to the night ahead of me. I was debating on whether or not to try to bathe the kids in the dark when all of a sudden the microwave beeped, the kitchen light and ceiling fan started going and the fridge started running!! It was seriously one of the happiest moments of my life...LAME i know, but it's true! After two weeks of back and forth from our house to family homes, sharing a room with my children, I was so grateful to know that life would finally be back to normal! I do want to say thanks to Chad's parents and sister for letting us bombard their homes while our home was out of order! HOORAY for electricity!

3 comments:

Pauline said...

whaoooooo I am so excited for you that is great and I am very grateful that there will be power when we arrive at your house. It is always good to be able to be "back to normal"

Ashley & Kevin said...

YAY! Power is a marvelous thing!

Emma said...

YAY!! What a great thing to finally happen to you guys! Now life can get back to some kind of normal!

And good luck with your back ground. I had the same problem and just went back to boring.