"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sam's First Swim!

We decided to let Sam swim for the first time on Saturday. The pool was a little chilly so I put him in really quick. He squealed for a second and then loved every second after that!! He smiled so big. I know this top picture looks like he's a bout to cry but he really did enjoy it. Except for the times when Carly would splash water in his face!




This is just a picture of Carly loving her little brother. She is really starting to be sweet with him. She'll just randomly go up to him and kiss him on the head and start talking to him. It's really cute to watch, especially when Sam smiles back at her!



8 comments:

The Isoms said...

Love the top picture! What a cutie! It just made me laugh!

Emma said...

That top picture is so funny! I can't believe he is getting so big!

Ashlie Dalton said...

Wow, he's really lost the "newborn" look about him. He's looking more and more like a baby! Cute!

Pauline said...

That is the saddest face I have ever seen. He is so cute I can't wait to see you guys.

Des said...

I love that top picture! Don't you love it when you capture cute pictures like that?

The Isoms said...

That picture on top still makes me smile and a little chuckle when I see it! I printed it off at moms house so I could put it on my fridge! Can't wait to see you guys in TWO months!

shell said...

Hey Danette- I am sneaking into your site via your moms- I really would love to keep in touch with you-- and my goodness- the kids are so darling and big!! Please visit us at www.fowlksfunfamily.blogspot.com- and add yourself to m friends if you can- I am a total dunce when it comes to this stuff so my sister has been trying to update me- I will work on it!
It was great to see you and the kids in July!

Dave and Natasha said...

Thanks for the comment! I think I fixed it, let me know if it works now.