"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Friday, August 8, 2008

Bugs and Poop

This 1 inch creature is known as the "cow killer." Actually, it is a member of the wasp family. They are known to have the most posionous sting of any North American bee/wasp.
We were swimming today and one was in our pool. We didn't know what it was, so we saved it's life. Then we found another just a few feet away. We should have killed them but didn't know that they were harmful. It is called a "Velvet Ant."
Just google it and you'll see some cool pictures.
Just one more thing to watch out for!
(Posted by: Chad McLane!! My first post. Aaahhhhh.)
Okay, now it's my (Danette) turn. I can't tell you how creepy it is to see an insect in your back yard and you have no idea what it is. It was pretty but creep looking. It is the darkest black color and the brightest red I have ever seen on a bug! Yuck!
Now...on a side note...Carly pooped in the potty for the very first time today! HOORAY! Although, I think I just ccaught her at the right time because I really don't think she has any clue what she is suppose to do in the potty. I had her sit on the potty after we went swimming today for 15 minutes (she always pees like crazy after we swim, so I thought this would be a good chance to catch her in the act) but...we waited and waited and no pee, so I put her diaper back on and she peed. Better luck tomorrow hopefully!

4 comments:

Ashlie Dalton said...

That's a really gross bug! It looks way scary.
Really cool that Carly went potty though! I'm getting nervous as the time draws nearer for potty training. I don't know what I'm doing..... Ahhh. I heard boys are harder to potty train than girls. I just hope he isn't in kindergarten wearing pull ups still or something ;) hehe

Pauline said...

I have to agree they are very colerful but on the other hand would not want to incounter one in my yard or anywhere near where I was. You got you computer fixed?

Des said...

That is one of the reasons I could never live in Texas. Too many bugs! Hopefully Carly will continue with the potty. I have mixed feelings about potty training Ellie. On one hand, I HATE potty training and on the other, it's my LAST one! Hooray!

Emma said...

Wow, how does it feel to have the most posionous stinging bug playing amongst your little ones?

And awesome job to Carly using the potty! Paying for diapers for only one kid might be nice, eh?