"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

It's a good thing she's cute!


The closer Carly gets to the age of two, the more I ask myself what did I get myself into?!? Am I really ready for another?? It's amazing how one morning your sweet little child wakes up and is no longer there, only to be replaced by some demon child who insists on throwing everything, hitting, crying and throwing herself on the floor, running away from her not so fast pregnant mom (which I think she finds rather funny that she is faster than me these days) All I can say is that it is a good thing she is so darn cute, it definitely makes up for those times when she is not so cute!

5 comments:

Dave and Natasha said...

She is so cute in that picture, and I know what you mean about all of a sudden your sweet little girl becomes a demon child! Ya know, I always thought the "terrible twos" were just an excuse for your child being bad, but there really is something to this age!!! I don't get it?! What happens to them that just because they are turning 2 they change? Aaralyn's thing is when she gets into trouble and I get mad at her she gets mad too and says "HIT, PINCH!" Then hits and pinches herself! I don't know where she came up with this! This is her way of throwing a tantrum, but at least since she has been back on a nap schedule she has gotten a lot better! And it's kinda weird, but since we have potty trained her she's become a lot happier too!

The Isoms said...

Ahhh so cute! She looks like such a big girl! I love that picture!
I know just a LITTLE bit about demon children!!!!LOL!
Aren't they so much fun!

Pauline said...

Oh look at that sweet little face she could never be naughty. I can't wait to come and squeeze that cute little face. 9 days and I will be there. Can't wait to see you all.

The Isoms said...

I love looking at this picture! She is so cute! I want to squeeze her! I love her hair!

Des said...

Yes, Heavenly Father knew what he was doing when he made them cute, because none of my children would have survived my wrath if they weren't cute. You think the two's are bad. Just wait for the three's. They're lots of fun!