"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Monday, October 29, 2007

Gross/McLane trip to Branson :)

We finally did it. After many years Emma and I finally planned a trip so we could see each other and meet each others little ones! It was really fun, the car ride was a different story but once we got to Branson it was fun. I had never been there and I always enjoy going to places I've never been. We were only there two full days so we didn't get to do much. The cabin we stayed in was really great! I found it off the Internet so I was kind of scared to see it but I was really pleased with how nice it turned out to be. I didn't get a picture though, maybe Emma did. Anyway....I'm glad we planned it and that everything worked out so great!
Here are some random pictures from our car ride. It took about 13 hours to get there and 12 to get home. it was long but I got to see parts of the country that I've never seen before.


The pictures above were taken at Bass Pro Shop in Springfield, MO. It was a huge outdoor store with it's own restaurant that had a really good buffet. Carly and Andrina loved looking at the fish.


These were taken while we were waiting for Daddy to ride on the go-karts. Carly loves these little mechanical toys and for 25 cents you can't beat it!

These were taken at the Hollywood Wax museum which was interesting but not as exciting as what there Internet sight said. Emma and I and the girls went while Kevin and Chad went fishing. Andrina was afraid of most of them and Carly didn't really care!

These were taken inside the cabin we stayed at. Carly and Andrina were enjoying the couch.
Saturday night we went to the Dixie Stampede. It was so fun and Carly actually sat through the whole thing! Although she was trapped inside a booster seat which helped. This place is a huge arena where they feed you tons of yummy food and put on a how down in the arena. This one had tons of horses and pigs and ostriches. It was a Christmas show, which was kind of odd since it's only October, but it was well worth it!!





5 comments:

Pauline said...

Looks like you had a great time, I am glad you were able to get together with them and show off each of your cute little girls. I would like to go there someday I'm sure we will.

Emma said...

Your so on the ball! I'm still unpacking & washing clothes!
We had such a great time with you guys, can't wait to do it again!!

ALL the way home Andrina kept saying, "Where Carly, where did she go?"... all the way home, it was so cute.

I didn't get a picture of the cabin.. but I did get one in our email from Dixie Stampede with our photo they took, so funny!

Crystal said...

So fun! Don't you love being a grown up so you can plan fabulous trips like this?

The Isoms said...

Looks like a great time! Glad that Carly and Andi could meet FINALLY! I bet they had fun!

Anonymous said...

Everyone looks like they had such a great time! It's pretty relaxing to find plenty of
Branson attractions to keep the little ones entertained!