"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Ode to Skiddo...



I'm sad to announce that I think our beloved Skiddo has gone on to a better place. I figure after two weeks of not showing her face around here she has either died or adopted a new family. I'm hoping it's the latter one. I never thought I would be sad to see her gone after all that she put me through...meowing through all hours of the night, clawing at our furniture, peeing on EVERYTHING, clawing up the carpet just because we shut her out of the bedroom, neglecting her kitten when it was first born although she could have been suffering from post-partum :) hissing at her kitten and her sister because they smelled different, attacking skipper, getting pregant in the first place...the list could go on and on. I have to admit that every once in a while she was a good cat and we did raise her from a kitten and brought her all the way from utah to Texas (which I don't recommend!) Anyway...I just thought I'd say a few words for our messed up little cat. At least her legacy will live on through her kitten.

6 comments:

The Isoms said...

Ohh that was touching...sniff,sniff.! Poor Skiddo, hopefully she found a family or she is playing around with Ferrah, Oreo, Sammy, Kissy, Beannie...did I miss anyone?

Dave and Natasha said...

That's too bad.... I had a cat that dissappeared once, but my dad told me that he thought it got eaten by a mountain lion, because he had seen one around where we lived, but I doubt that happened to yours... Good luck to Skiddo. Maybe it went back to your old house.

Pauline said...

Sorry to hear about Skiddo, but she did leave behind an adorable little kitten and daisy will take good care of her.

Emma said...

Poor poor Skiddo.
Maybe she's found her self a sexy alley cat that she can't resist, and that is the reason she hasn't come home.
I'm sure someone took her in and is wishing they hadn't! Ha ha... jk, that was mean.

Des said...

Hey Britt- you forgot Bruce the Hedgehog. Josh would be sad if we forgot him. Sorry to hear about Skiddo. Maybe she and Chia are off being devil cats somewhere where they can be appreciated!

Emma said...

Okay, I can't look at poor Skiddo's beady red eye's anymore!
UPDATE!