"In our search to obtain relief from the stresses of life, may we earnestly seek ways to simplify our lives. May we comply with the inspired counsel and direction the Lord has given us in the great plan of happiness. May we be worthy to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and follow the guidance of the Spirit as we navigate this mortal journey. May we prepare ourselves to accomplish the ultimate purpose of this mortal test- to return and live with our Heavenly Father."

-L. Tom Perry

Saturday, August 18, 2007

New Braunfels, Texas

I went to Braunfels with Alycia and her kids and April on Wednesday and just got home today. It was fun, I love going there! It is near San Antonio and the land is so beautiful there! It is so wide open and there are tons of rolling green hills! It is great! Anyway...Alycia found a cute little farm house for us to stay in. It was built in 1925 (or somewhere around there!) It was so cute and it was so quiet and peaceful. Chad met us up there Friday morning because he felt like he had to work or something :)
These are pictures of the drive-through zoo. I've never been to one and it was actually kind of creepy how close the animals get to you. The zebra was really neat to see. Carly liked it at first but the closer the animals got the more freaked out she got. It was actually quite funny to watch her. She called everything a dog.
These were pictures I took in the house we stayed ( I'm mad I didn't get a picture of the actual house) The hat Carly is wearing is one that April made for her.

This was wednesday night at the New Braunfels Smokehouse. (they have the best turkey jerky, if you are ever craving good jerky I recommend ordering it from them!) Carly was being silly. She was so funny with Adam. Everytime Adam would get close to her she would hug him. He got really tired of it towards the end of the trip, I think. It was a fun trip but it's nice to be home again!


7 comments:

Emma said...

Okay no more vacations until it's with me! You're always busy off exploring, no fair.
We went to a place in S. Dakota like that zoo and it was crazy! I was nearly attacked while trying to get a picture of an elk. I got about 10 inches from his face and snapped a picture. Not one of my smartest moments. Now I know why they say to keep your windows up! :)

Pauline said...

That would have been fun to do when we were there did you not know about it then or was jan to cold? It looks like you have a great time.

Danette said...

We knew about it in January but the kids didn't want to pay 15 dollars for it remember??

Dave and Natasha said...

Looks like you guys had a fun vacation! I can't wait for ours in 2 1/2 weeks! Has it been really rainy there lately?

Danette said...

Not too bad. The whole months of June and July rained but August hasn't been too rainy.

The Isoms said...

Looks like you had a good time, the zoo is something we will have to do when we get to SA in a couple of years or so!

Pauline said...

I don't remember that discussion I must have not been in on it I would have paid for them because I would have liked to have gone there. Oh well I guess we will just have to come back and go there.